Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Suzume Shindo WC4 AMA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:38 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Hey guys gonna go ahead see throw down. Ask away.
Quote:
Family: Suzume
School: Suzume Bushi/College of Clarity 3
2.0 / 7.5 (+ 1.0 would have been 1.3 but i had to trash talk taneji.) / 6.1 (+ 3.1 ) / 0.0

Rings
Air 3, Reflex 4
Fire 3
Earth 3
Water 2 Strength 3
Void 4

Skills
School
Calligraphy (High Rokugani) 4
Kenjutsu (Katana) 4
Lore: History 2
Lore: Theology 2
Perform: Storytelling 5
Lore: Bushido 2
Iaijutsu 5
Perform: Kata 3

Non-School
Courtier 3
Etiquette 3
Kyujutsu 1
Meditation 2
Artisan: Ikebana 1
Games: Go 2
Stealth: 1
Investigation (Notice): 1
Advantages
Heart of Vengeance (Spider)
Kata: The Empire Rests On Its Edge (Perform: Storytelling)

Disadvantages
Major Obligation (Crane)
Idealist

Name: Suzume Shindo soon to be Hiruma Shindo
Profession: Samurai
Position: Itinerant Story Teller
Martial Status: Muried
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Black worn tied low to the middle of her back.
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Youthful and tanned. Tattoo of falling plum blossoms against a full moonlit sky along her arms and back.
Build: Muscular.
Face: Youthful and strong marked by a notable determination.
Other: Her hands are rough, cracked, and stained from planting crops.

A mysterious wandering samurai-ko and duelist, Suzume Shindo is one of the most promising students of the sword. Those that dueled her fail to describe her style, something unique that has transcended her Sparrow school, mixing it with ancient texts on the nature of elemental Fire and the power of storytelling. Or so they say. A true mystery, only one thing is sure about this woman: she hates the Spider to no end, having never forgiven them for their infiltration and subversion of the Sparrow and their ideals. But the Spider are savvy, and the Susumu often tried to thwart her; when she went to the Minor Clan Alliance, she put that entire group in risk. She finally met those among her Crane cousins that shared her hatred for the Spider - and found the Susumu a political obstacle. They have been deploying the young duelist as a secret weapon, a wild card in the cold games of court, and she enjoys being a piece, a blade in some Spider's throat. Manipulations have arranged for her to spend this Winter in Toshi Ranbo's Court - the most prestigious of the land...

Edit to show what i worked with.

Last edited by Suzume Urusai on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Suzume Shindo WC4 AMA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:26 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

What happened with the Tsubaki/Shindo thread at Shinsei's temple? I never got a reply after I showed her my father's mempo.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:58 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

Did any of the other unicorns claim you bowmans wager offering, we split the pool and my intention was to have you tell tales of Susumu naishi's kindness across unicorn lands as Doburu traveled through it with Atsushi and company. We won it too late to do anything with it due to my time constraints. But it would have been a nice subtle favor for Atsushi lol

Can I get a little background on the whole hate the spider thing, details. I know you have a grudge of some kind with Sahara.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:20 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Zarasu wrote:
What happened with the Tsubaki/Shindo thread at Shinsei's temple? I never got a reply after I showed her my father's mempo.

That was entirely me forgetting about the thread and I am sorry.

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
Did any of the other unicorns claim you bowmans wager offering, we split the pool and my intention was to have you tell tales of Susumu naishi's kindness across unicorn lands as Doburu traveled through it with Atsushi and company. We won it too late to do anything with it due to my time constraints. But it would have been a nice subtle favor for Atsushi lol

Can I get a little background on the whole hate the spider thing, details. I know you have a grudge of some kind with Sahara.

Ide ibki is having Shindo tell Kurogane's boy her tale and his father's tale. Does make it kinda fun now that Shindo is marrying a Hiruma.

Shindo's background is that she is the Daughter of Suzume Kenta. I was given a large amount of leeway deciding the background of Shindo and i went with the Kenta never went back and instead tried to garner support for ousting the infiltrators when Shindo came of age he retired and she took over. The Susumu kept her suppressed until a few Crane started helping her and giving her access to higher courts. This court takes place one year after the events of Spider infiltration being revealed.

As for Atushi that was all Chris. Day one he made me aware of what Sahara did and who he was. Sahara was never mentioned in the stories. But I didn't have any reason to call out any of the Spiders honorably (idealistic not driven). So I was content tp get a sparring session or two. Then stuff happened and we never got to finish it out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:27 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

From what I understand. Shindo is the daughter of a Sparrow who was sent to serve on the Crab Wall by the Spider whom had taken over the Sparrow clan.

I'm actually sorry I was a passive player (i.e. I didn't jump into other player's threads or actively invite players to join mine) and didn't interact with her as much I could. I actually had several ideas based around the fact that "Sahara revealed himself as a Spider infiltrator after Goddesses. Why didn't the others do so? And what did Sahara think of that?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:42 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
From what I understand. Shindo is the daughter of a Sparrow who was sent to serve on the Crab Wall by the Spider whom had taken over the Sparrow clan.

I'm actually sorry I was a passive player (i.e. I didn't jump into other player's threads or actively invite players to join mine) and didn't interact with her as much I could. I actually had several ideas based around the fact that "Sahara revealed himself as a Spider infiltrator after Goddesses. Why didn't the others do so? And what did Sahara think of that?"

Well Sahara is a unique case it seems the others wanted a power base and a place to hide and perform evil maho tricks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:50 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Somewhere, in an alternative WC, there is a scene where Atsushi and Shindo duels at twilight on the highest hill around the city. One of them loses, falls on their knees, the other can finish this affair forever... And instead offers a hand to the loser. And there they stand, together, in the setting sun, looking at a brighter future.

Then a GM comes in, and makes everyone lose a rank of honor and glory because illegal duel. Except for the Scorpion who denounced them to the guards, who gains two.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:57 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

I think i might have the first strike but unless I got a really good roll in the initiative there was no lethal duel in court I could have won.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:10 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

My question is:

As a player, do you still think the Spider would be better off being a purely antagonistic faction? Or did WC4 change things around?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:16 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Ockbald wrote:
My question is:

As a player, do you still think the Spider would be better off being a purely antagonistic faction? Or did WC4 change things around?

Honestly the Spider players in this did an amazing Job showing the Spider could be more than the recurring villain. I really want the Spider to stick around in that capacity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 pm 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

From Daigotsu Atsushi's AMA,
Suzume Urusai wrote:
We didn't directly accuse people but we did pounce on people who we thought were attacking us. We got told to back off the phoenix the dragon and the imperials the first few weeks.

By the GMs or in-character? I remember the Dragon misunderstanding with the iaijutsu tournament and the Phoenix with what Ichigiku heard, but what did the Imperial Families do (besides exist)?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:10 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

kakita_shiro wrote:
From Daigotsu Atsushi's AMA,
Suzume Urusai wrote:
We didn't directly accuse people but we did pounce on people who we thought were attacking us. We got told to back off the phoenix the dragon and the imperials the first few weeks.

By the GMs or in-character? I remember the Dragon misunderstanding with the iaijutsu tournament and the Phoenix with what Ichigiku heard, but what did the Imperial Families do (besides exist)?

Well izuna decided to swing at us and we swung back and got called back. The Dragon thought we were going after them and we got told to save the duels for the tourney. Then the whole paper crane thing was the beginning of the Crane imperial throw down which was ineveitable since we were supposed to take the Otomo down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:04 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

OOC confession time, but had Naishi not been kidnapped on Day 25... She was going to have Susumu Kuroko name you as the one the Spider Clan wanted betrothed to Daigotsu Katashi. Specifically because it would either A) cause you to become a Spider and understand us, or B) cause you to commit seppuku, and thus remove an enemy of the Spider Clan.

So, as a question...

Quote:
Rumor

"We have been betrayed! Daigotsu was supposed to keep such beasts under control, and even promised to change the nature of the taint. Instead we have Oni appearing in locations that are supposed to be warded against such creatures, and kansen in grounds of the Embassies. First the Spider were recognized, then the Temple to the Dark Fortunes was built, and now things like this are happening. Destroy them all, before it is too late."

Was this you? We looked into it, and got told it was you. So I want to make sure.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

sndwurks wrote:
OOC confession time, but had Naishi not been kidnapped on Day 25... She was going to have Susumu Kuroko name you as the one the Spider Clan wanted betrothed to Daigotsu Katashi. Specifically because it would either A) cause you to become a Spider and understand us, or B) cause you to commit seppuku, and thus remove an enemy of the Spider Clan.

So, as a question...

Quote:
Rumor

"We have been betrayed! Daigotsu was supposed to keep such beasts under control, and even promised to change the nature of the taint. Instead we have Oni appearing in locations that are supposed to be warded against such creatures, and kansen in grounds of the Embassies. First the Spider were recognized, then the Temple to the Dark Fortunes was built, and now things like this are happening. Destroy them all, before it is too late."

Was this you? We looked into it, and got told it was you. So I want to make sure.

Oh god I wish! my last rumor was the 7/7 syllable response to the the haiku rumor. No way in hell i could craft a rumor that good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:09 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

hah I told Asina this couldn't be you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

The Otosan Uchi rant was more player frustration that I couldn't call you out on crap but for the most part I wanted a good Honorable duel not just me feigning insult at something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 am 
Black Guard

Ockbald wrote:
Suzume Urusai wrote:
sndwurks wrote:

So, as a question...

Quote:
Rumor

Oh god I wish! my last rumor was the 7/7 syllable response to the the haiku rumor. No way in hell i could craft a rumor that good.

Quote:

fuck my life ..... um ..... shit.... pm being sent *Warning*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

:lol:

I love this game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:45 am 
Black Guard

Shindo at least was a plausible source for that rumour. Unlike, say, Shiba Kosedo being framed for that late anti-Chikuma rumour. I took one look at that one and laughed my ass off.

EDIT: And to make this post slightly more relevant... what was the deal with you and Ibu's furious ikebana rivalry?

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

http://wintercourt.l5r.com/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p121345

I was trash talking IC and Ooc kinda made her "cheating" a kind of running gag.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:41 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Suzume Urusai wrote:
The Otosan Uchi rant was more player frustration that I couldn't call you out on crap but for the most part I wanted a good Honorable duel not just me feigning insult at something.

You only had bad luck when the delegation wanted to simple accept offense instead of death duelling everybody, hence why Saiga invited Shindo to kill the Embassy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:13 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Ockbald wrote:
Suzume Urusai wrote:

You only had bad luck when the delegation wanted to simple accept offense instead of death duelling everybody, hence why Saiga invited Shindo to kill the Embassy :mrgreen:

Yeah, we were literally going "The ONE TIME we can't challenge her... the ONE TIME..." in the Embassy... there was some serious desire to throw down on Shindo for her Otosan Uchi rant, but we couldn't do it because it would our sincerity as false.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Thing about that was a lot of people were wondering about that but never actually approached Shindo IC. That was the story of my game people would approach Umeko to talk about what i was doing but not me.