Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter Court IV - Ikoma Aimi - Ask Me Anything
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:17 pm 
Black Guard

Wakshaani wrote:
Don't know why she'd be upset. She competed with me in the Ikebana contest, and I personally awarded her a win in the Ice Go tourney under the Crab roof. (IIRC, the Spider and Scorpion contestants were all four given wins there, and Tsutsu was thisclose to winning the special bonus prize until the one Imperial knocked her score offline. She had it until then.)

Aimi was -very- intent on being super-impartial through the whole event, and was biased against Lions when the need arose. Heck, she talked one into accepting a loss instead of taking a win!

because... reasons ... i had an argument but cant remember it :(

but huh ..... thats really cool of her :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Despite losing a rank and a half of honor for a one-night fling with Mirumoto Saiko (After having just been challenged to a death duel and having been at a funeral for someone she had a personal investment in their acareer being successful! She was at an absolute emotional lowpoint right then.) Aimi's very much a person of honor and doing things the Right Way.

Why do you support Seiken? Because he's teh first-born, and the first-born carries the family burden.

Why are you upset over the Mantis asking about the Naga Banner? Because we said that it would be returned when asked and a samurai's word is a bond that cannot be questioned.

Why didn't you work with the Scorpion to undercut 'progressive thing here'? Because you do things above board and honestly!

Why are your treaties so specific about who goes to what school? Because you don't insult a bushi by telling them their school isn't as good as yours, or courtiers the same way.

Etc etc etc

Everything she does is viewed through one of three things: Either A) The Goban, B) The horrors of war's aftermath, C) Honor. The exact lens depends on how things are needed at the time, but if you could bring up a topic and tie it in with those, you had her attention.

As soon as Yama was pulled aside and the Wager incident was laid out, she immediately pulled him from the contest and forfit her ante on the grounds that he broke a rule and, accident tho it was, Lion have to be -better- than that. Rules are rules, and she won't break them.

As they say, Lion don't deal in truths, they deal in absolutes. Her world is very much a black and white one. There is right, there is wrong, and the choices should be obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:56 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Personally?

I think Naishi and Aimi would have made excellent drinking buddies.

Such a pity we never got that opportunity.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Possibly! Aimi did her best to get along with everyone (But Norimasa, due to Taisho telling her about his background) ... but don't expect her to drink up. She's got a VERY low tolerence for alchohol, and when she gets tipsy, the Goshi starts to come out. Go further, and the Ikoma comes out.

And that's when things get weird. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Wakshaani wrote:
And a few Crab. But who knew that they'd be betraying us.

Oof.

We didn't want to betray the Lion. OOC our first move as group was to mend the Lion-Scorp relations acting as a neutral third party, to unite the traditionalist clans. Every one of us voted for the Lion.

But then we were told of the future intervention of the Crab in the Scorpion-Lion war and we have to make a decision, piss off our allies, or piss off the lion. When Kitaiko threw the death duel to you, there was a real mess in the Crab OOC threads. Atsuto's Kaiu Blade was one. We didn0t want that your possible death could be linked to the Crab. Most of the Crab players were very close to you and didn't want you to die (myself as well, though I didn't have nearly any RP with Aimi).

Our ambassador called Tono to give an explanation of why he was ''against'' the secret pact between Kisada and Nitoshi, so we finally have to decide to stay behind the Scorps.

I feel bad for the lion really. I had great RPs with Tomei and Masaru and Tetsu considered those two as friends. But we could not betray our lord pact.

RHS @ Bayushi Tawara; Ryuhei, Ruthless Order of the Spider Monk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:36 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Hey, I loved me some Crab, and I had good relations with the Scorpion players behind the characters, so don't think I'm mad.

I understand that the loyalty to the Scorpion comes first.

I'm just sad about what could have been, and when the betrayal hits, it's gonna -hurt-. You expect it from the Scorpion, but the Crab are battlebros for seven hundred years. Mrf.

I wish the Kitsu Tombs angle had been embraced more. All it would have taken was an apology, trotting out the guilty (Or, well, the ones the Scorpion SAID were guilty), a patsy at a command level, and a basic, "Hey, my guy screwed up and went WAY outside the bounds of decency. Here's some wood and stone to try and rebuild your temple. Mea culpa."

The whole thing could have been shoved under a rug and moved on so we could have been all on the same page again, but when they not only refused, but stood up and mocked the Lion over the whole thing, there was no turning back.

Very, very sad. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:49 pm 
Black Guard

Apologising would have been contrary to Nitoshi's internally-revealed goal of goading the Lion into doing stupid stuff, though. Which makes a lot more sense knowing that the Crab are going to be there to back the Scorpion up.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:56 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Yeah. I was 99% sure that the Scorpion had some kind of goal that read, in essence, "No matter what, no peace with the Lion. Also, keep poking them. Get them as mad as possible. Keep them FURIOUS and I give you all cookies when you get home." Even with only a 1% chance, I figured it was worth a try to try and save thousands of lives.

No dice.

At one point, there was (mostly idle!) chatter about gathering the crew up, breaking out the armor, and just sweeping into the Scorpion embassy in a moment of "Oh, so you think war's allowed anywhere now? Then let's put it to the test!" and cutting down everybody we saw.

Didn't happen!

But it was, at least -very- briefly, talked about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:12 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Question: When we met at the Crane's Friendship is Magic party, you gave Chiwa a gold-plated invitation (okay, just a verbal one) to come and chat with Aimi about anything under the Jade Sun. Was there anything in particular you wanted to ask Chiwa?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:55 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Daidoji Molo wrote:
Question: When we met at the Crane's Friendship is Magic party, you gave Chiwa a gold-plated invitation (okay, just a verbal one) to come and chat with Aimi about anything under the Jade Sun. Was there anything in particular you wanted to ask Chiwa?

Nope! Nothing at all. You were a friend of Umeko, and Umeko and Aimi had talked quite a lot, so Aimi was thankful to the one who got her a spot in the Ikebana tourney and wanted to just sit and chat.

I can count the number of scenes I had that weren't either A) business meetings or B) in court on one hand.

I never went -anywhere- or socialized at -all-.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm 
Black Guard

And yet somehow you managed to get in romance/flirting/FTB with how many people, again? :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:
And yet somehow you managed to get in romance/flirting/FTB with how many people, again? :P

Two, one of which is an established history type, the other was a one-time fling that shouldn't have happened but did.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:07 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Wakshaani wrote:
Daidoji Tacticus wrote:

Two, one of which is an established history type, the other was a one-time fling that shouldn't have happened but did.

Man if only we had finished our day nine thread we might have beaten Tomei to the Goban.

What was yall's orginization structure?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:35 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Suzume Urusai wrote:
Wakshaani wrote:
Daidoji Tacticus wrote:

Man if only we had finished our day nine thread we might have beaten Tomei to the Goban.

What was yall's orginization structure?

*peer* Shindo was after Aimi's booty?!

As for organization?

Kitsu Chikuma - Delegation Head. All decisions went here.
+ Kistu Leiko - Spiritual Advisor
+ Ikoma Aimi - Diplomatic Advisor
+ Adoko Yama - Military Advisor

Everyone else was a 'junior member', tho Katsuro was really doing so much that he should have had senior status. He was a beast!

In terms of negotiating with clans, we took the river philosophy... just roll with teh flow. Send whomever was available at the time, don't lock anyone down to any particular clan, and just let it happen organically. Somebody hits it off with the Unicorn? Cool, they're on horse detail. Somebody's dad was killed by a Dragon? They don't get sent to the Dragon gathering.

It was really laid back. Too laid back at times, as some of the new guys wanted direction and we weren't providing it. Ack.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:37 pm 
Black Guard

How did you keep information on your various dealings organised?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:44 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:
How did you keep information on your various dealings organised?

We didn't.

There -weren't- many dealings until I found out I was alive, went, "Welp, court's 3/4ths over, best get to steppin'" and got in there.

Before that, we had... the opening salvo of Crane-Lion Champion CHildren and giving the Phoenix food.

The other... phoooo. What? 15 treaties? Ish? That was me in whirlwind mode.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:49 pm 
Black Guard

...ah. That does explain where you were for the period of court.

If I may make a suggestion if you end up as a player for WCV? When we split up our delegates into three group, we had a thread for each group to report and discuss the state of affairs with the delegations in that group. It ensured that we had plenty of eyes on every negotiation as it was being conducted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:44 pm 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

Phoenix had an OOC "current affairs" thread to toss up general "hey, be aware, this is happening" stuff, since our early (highly regimented) organization didn't long survive the beginning of Court.

Our first Unicorn Ambassador was,to be charitable, a disaster, and our Mantis and Spider Ambassadors very quickly had nothing at all to do...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:48 pm 
Black Guard

And your Crane Ambassador suffered Spontaneous Massive Existence Failure after his first chat with Ichigiku, as I recall...

By the end, we were pretty much down to discussing everything in the main OOC thread, because diplomacy with most delegations was sufficiently nailed down to not need much chatter. I found splitting up the threads very helpful for most of the court, though, because it helped prevent specific issues from getting buried by an avalanche of new posts on other things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Shiba Gunichi wrote:
Our first Unicorn Ambassador was,to be charitable, a disaster...

/fans self. Tell me more!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

When literally everyone else, including freakin' Izuna (hostile but polite!) is getting along better with the Unicorn than the guy assigned to talk to them?

We had to make some adjustments.

And yeah, our Crane Ambassador basically vanished, sadly, I fear, because OOC he was not having any fun whatsoever dealing with Ichigiku's bluster (since, after all, to just about all of the Phoenix players, the Crane hostility came completely out of left field)... I'd like to be wrong about why he dropped, but the timing... yeah.

I think the delegations that enjoyed some success had relatively tight organization which they were able to relax as the situation warranted... it's a lot easier to let an assigned role go than to pick it up.

EDIT: For example,the first Phoenix delegate to the Crab? Asako Misora. Guy who actually hammered out the treaty and did a lot of the groundwork on the Phoenix side of building ties? Me. Misora played his Antisocial disad a little too well...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:16 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Ichigiku nearly drove us to madness. We wanted her -gone-, as she was aggressively attacking everything we did or said, ever. VERY combative and disruptive. Her vanishing as karo and being replaced by Umeko was the single best thing that happened to us all court, honestly. It opened the door for Crane and Lion to -do- something, instead of a constant Ichi-war.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:38 am 
Black Guard

What interaction did you guys actually have with her, after the epic Crane fail that was the Terrible Izuna Incident? I don't recall seeing her talk to you again, but I wasn't particularly keeping track.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:30 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Daidoji Tacticus wrote:
What interaction did you guys actually have with her, after the epic Crane fail that was the Terrible Izuna Incident? I don't recall seeing her talk to you again, but I wasn't particularly keeping track.

Not sure. We avoided her like the plague, and every time she spoke somewhere, the OOC Lion boards would fill with, "She's gonna single-handedly kick this war off. GAH!"

She was a -huge- wedge between us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 am 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

Part of the problem with Ichigiku was that her demeanor did nothing to encourage repeated contact...

Note in that scene that Hayato and Yukihiro still appear to be on pretty good terms, interested in working things out.

I think part of the blame also goes to Shigemitsu for his basic refusal to accept that maybe his infamously hotheaded karo was, in fact, a hothead...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next