Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Winter Court IV- Isawa Taisho - Ask Me Anything
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 pm 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

True, it WOULD run counter to the current Council's terminal inability to see past their own noses...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:50 pm 
Cultist

Shiba Gunichi wrote:
True, it WOULD run counter to the current Council's terminal inability to see past their own noses...

Speaking about that, what exactly did they put in the letter to Maemuki? I heard all about it, but never seen the exact letter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 pm 
Cultist

It wasn't a letter. I'll share the relevant posts...

Asako Miyabi wrote:
Asako Miyabi looks at Maemuki, at the letter, then sighs.

"Maemuki-san, a not insignificant part of me wants to ask you to perform the Three Cuts, for having the temerity to continue...objecting, because that is what you are doing, you are objecting to the will of the Masters in this matter. You do realize that is what you are doing here, is it not?"

The question is rhetorical; if Maemuki doesn't realize this, then he's not likely to understand the ramifications, either. Miyabi sighs again.

"The only reason I am not doing so is because of the earnestness of your convictions, and your desire to preserve life. That is, of course, a worthy goal. If I for a moment thought you had an ulterior motive here, some form of self-aggrandizement, I would ask you to write your death poem on the back of this page." She indicates the letter. "What does concern me is the continuing implication that we, the Masters, have not already fully considered this course of action. I have told you we have, and have rejected it, for reasons I have described. To raise the matter a second time to me is to tread dangerously close to outright insult. You can rest assured that, if this were the Master of Fire sitting here, this conversation would now be over."

"However, I am not going to request your seppuku, Maemuki-san. What I am going to do is this. At the conclusion of Winter Court, you will proceed to the Colonies, where you will report to the Phoenix Delegation there with a letter I am going to prepare for you. You will become our Clan's ambassador to the Unicorn there. In that role, you will employ your particular skills to attempt to mitigate hostilities between our two Clans to the extent possible, while still adhering to the direction of the Elemental Council and our esteemed Champion. While you cannot prevent this war, you can attempt to minimize its impact. Do you understand, Maemuki-san?"

Asako Maemuki wrote:
Maemuki does not react whatsoever at Miyabi's mentioning of seppuku, for he had already considered this, and worse, earlier. He just focuses on maintaining his breathing so as to ignore the pain in his forehead, his neck, and now his knees and wrists, from the effort of maintaining a prostrated position for impossibly long.

Eh? Majide! She is giving me a promotion? "Hai, Miyabi-dono, I understand. I thank you for showing me mercy and compassion, and I am grateful for this new opportunity to save lives of the Phoenix. I will not fail you or the Council in this, I swear it by the Lady Asako."

He stretches his back, arms and neck to move into an even deeper prostrated position, showing absolute, unwavering devotion and respect.

Ah, but will Nikesake withstand the attacks of the Unicorn without me? I pray to all of the Fortunes, old AND new, that it does...

Asako Miyabi wrote:
Miyabi folds the letter closed. "One last thing, Maemuki-san. You'll understand that, even though I'm striving to show the same compassion that you desire for our Clan and its enemies, there are limits. And although I am not asking you to perform the Three Cuts, I am bound to address what amounts to insubordination."

She rests her fingers on the letter, studying the paper under their tips. "You will not be returning to Rokugan, Maemuki-san. You will spend the rest of your days in the Colonies. To return to Rokugan is...it is your death."

Miyabi's looks at Maemuki. "You are an idealist, Maemuki-san. Like all idealists, you see the world as you wish it to be. Someday, you will see the world as it really is." The Master of Water pauses and her eyes go distant. "On that day, your true punishment will begin. For your sake, I pray to the Fortunes that that day does not come for a long time."

The Master of Water focuses back on Maemuki. "Do you have anything else you wish to say here, Maemuki-san, or is this matter closed?"