Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [DT] Winter Court IV Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:58 am 
Final Student
 WWW  Profile

The Crab may not get a choice in the matter- regardless of how the war goes the final terms might be decided by the Imperials.

"I would sooner our clan be numbered less than a hundred than suffer traitors in our midst"
Shosuro Yudoka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:00 am 
Dark Scribe

The MCA want to build shrines and temples in their lands and a closer relation to the Brotherhood of Shinsei (probably not the Spider orders, though). But the Scorpion have stepped in and, so I read it, try to ensure that Young Monkey samurai don't think that joining the Spider by following the now famous Saiga's example isn't a good idea. ~Link~

I'm looking forward to the Spider reply to this petition.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:01 am 
Dark Scribe

Bayushi Akai wrote:
The Crab may not get a choice in the matter- regardless of how the war goes the final terms might be decided by the Imperials.

Yes, this actually makes sense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:14 am 
Dark Scribe

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
They are going to need to explain the kotei thing as they said those did matter, and progressive literally dominated. To see a progressive year of victory handwaved by winter court really hurts the CCG.

I hope they explain because Unicorn and Crane carried the entire year, winter court or not.

The whole competition with a secret metric resembles a gamemaster's die rolle behind a gamemaster's screen. But I get why they don't give the numers while Winter Court is still running. This way the characters do what they think is best for their characters' or clans' story. No numbers chrunchers who, for instance, have the Phoenix declare progressive, because they would rather have Shibatsu on the throne. And no individual declaration of full Support for the winner, already determined by the numbers.

I have no good solution to this competition, though. Either the CCG had already decided it because of seasons dominated by Progressives, as you say, or twoish years of CCG support gathering is irrelevant, because 100 players will decide the outcome at Winter Court.

So I am not surprised that AEG announced the competiton is still everyone's game when Winter Court started. It's not the first huge competition AWG holds and I'm sure they learned from earlier mistakes. Like changing how many points could be earned mid-competition, to keep it open and interesting, like they did during the Race for the Throne.

This vague way that gives everyone the Impression that their choices matter, is not that bad a solution. In the end it's about if you trust the outcome AEG announces. But if you have reason to doubt it, you also have reason to doubt the outcome of each and every IA vote for story prizes, as they don't say how many participated and what where the percentages of the several options.

In the end it is about trust and to turn whatever result into an enjoyable, engaging story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:17 am 
Dark Scribe

Apparently, there are some Card prizes linked to Winter Court resources. The Lion will receive a Void shugenja, because the Phoenix give them training in Void magic.

Do you WC Players know if we Spider also won a CCG prize via the resources of other clans; and what's our CCG-linked resource and who got it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:51 am 
Dark Scribe

Susumu Kuroko has arranged that Tsubaki and Kyoju marry in the week after Winter Court.

I hope it means that the Story Team has some plans for a Spider-run East Hub Village (that Kanpeki will be offered to rename; Shinden Fu Leng as a new name doesn't have a chance, though. *g*)

But I guess it means that the wedding should happen before Daigotsu's ultimatum runs out and give Tsubaki enough time to have a child. Her inquiry after Doji's Tears is interesting, though. Seemingly, she doesn't want to sacrifice her or another's soul to Daigotsu and Jigoku. This god-defying trait should be liked by her Yoritomo husband. But I don't see this ending well. Well, I'm a pessimist when it comes to deals with Jigoku and loopholes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 pm 
Dark Scribe

Zarasu wrote:
Hi, Tsubaki's player here! I hope you're all enjoying TsuTsu-chan's antics.

Thanks for stopping by. Your character concept has changed from the original concept you shared here, but it turned out quite nicely, I think. The scars even add to the Image of the Spider being monsters, which I like.

You've been quite active with Tsubaki, nearly 1800 posts as I write this, but unfortunately. I cannot say that Tsubaki appeared on my radar often. I know she befriends Tamori Touya and may have had a hand in her decision to marry Kageto, I know she contributed to the Ikebana contest, the Bowman's Wager and was among those to negotiate with the Naga. But I tend to avoid mass scenes, as they tend to get confusing fast.

Of course, her path to governess of East Hub Village I did follow, and her deal with Daigotsu was ballsy.

Now it feels as though there is a WC fatigue, many players have dropped or aren't posting as often as they used to. Probably, because Winter Court took longer than first announced, and now all the OOC summaries must be taken care of, too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:31 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Audax wrote:
Apparently, there are some Card prizes linked to Winter Court resources. The Lion will receive a Void shugenja, because the Phoenix give them training in Void magic.

Do you WC Players know if we Spider also won a CCG prize via the resources of other clans; and what's our CCG-linked resource and who got it?

I can tell we gave Sohei trainning and Conqueror trainning to the Dragon, and if I recall we won some short of trainning from it as well. The Lion are about to give us some trainning over their schools too for a reason that eludes me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:47 pm 
Dark Scribe

Princess Iweko Miaka will marry Shiba Mako. A pity it is no Spider, or at least a Progressive Clansman. But it's nice to see it's a homebrew character, who probably might become carded now.

But that means that Atsushi is not courting Miaka anymore and is free to become someone else's wife. Still a few days left to arrange that. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 pm 
Master of Undeath

Audax wrote:
Princess Iweko Miaka will marry Shiba Mako. A pity it is no Spider, or at least a Progressive Clansman. But it's nice to see it's a homebrew character, who probably might become carded now.

But that means that Atsushi is not courting Miaka anymore and is free to become someone else's wife. Still a few days left to arrange that. ;)

That post doesn't seem very final on the matter.

Lord of Jigoku
https://jigoku.online
Ringteki
https://github.com/gryffon/ringteki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:17 pm 
Dark Scribe

Chuda Riichi wrote:
Audax wrote:

That post doesn't seem very final on the matter.

You are right, there is an if in the discussion that I mistook for a when. Move along, citizens, nothing to see here ...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:18 pm 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

I've been pretty diligent keeping up with Winter Court, and I haven't seen the princess declare for anyone yet. In fact, the GM running her (Tenjin) said in an OOC thread that he is finishing it this weekend (here). What Shiba Mako is talking about is his love for her.

EDIT: :smoke:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:31 pm 
Dark Scribe

The ronin Ishiki (formerly the Tamori who lost it on the dais after the Dragon announced that they would marry Tamori into the Gyushi) wins the Spider's Shourido Event, and a Gyushi blade.

This seems a very unpolitical choice, but maybe they want Ishiki to swear fealty to the Spider? They wanted him to join the clan by marriage, before he was punished by the Dragon and cast out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:38 pm 
Dark Scribe

This is surely the thread, where a Death priest wants to find out with Moto mojo, if Saiga's soul is in Meido.

Of course, Saiga could already be on his way of rebirth, getting reincarnated as the child that this love affair might produce. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:10 pm 
Black Guard

Audax wrote:
The ronin Ishiki (formerly the Tamori who lost it on the dais after the Dragon announced that they would marry Tamori into the Gyushi) wins the Spider's Shourido Event, and a Gyushi blade.

This seems a very unpolitical choice, but maybe they want Ishiki to swear fealty to the Spider? They wanted him to join the clan by marriage, before he was punished by the Dragon and cast out.

actualy we said screw it invite him and our scores were genuinely higher for ishiki though it helps what i have trying to do A LOT not swear fealty but along those lines..... actualy have a meeting with kuroko about him.....

also hey :) Asina here....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:32 pm 
Dark Scribe

The peace treaty between Unicorn and Phoenix. I can only imagine how much work was put into this. It's a pity that we know already from a fiction, that this treaty will not be signed and that the war will come. However, props to the Unicorn and Phoenix players to pull this treaty off regardless.

Knowing that whatever you do is futile and still doing it, isn't easy.

But with the Crab fighting alongside the Phoenix, the Scorpion and on guarding to Walls against oni, and fighting sea monsters in the Sea of Shadows, the Spider might not get trampled. Despite having not yet fought another clan in a full-blown war and probably having the smaller armies (especially with most of our sohei being in the Empire, as it seems).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:44 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Ishiki joining up the Spider would be cool! Having ronin win such incredible blade was also a cool moment.

By the way...Let me put this way: I would be very happy to see Shiba Mako marrying Miaka.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:57 pm 
Black Guard

Ockbald wrote:
Ishiki joining up the Spider would be cool! Having ronin win such incredible blade was also a cool moment.

By the way...Let me put this way: I would be very happy to see Shiba Mako marrying Miaka.

yeahh i loved thagt moment he pm'd me right after shouting at me making sure i was right it was adorable... :D

i am also happy with that :) loved that story :) that or bat boy.... honestly can see that happening....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:49 pm 
Dark Scribe

Here is a Crab, Phoenix and Imperials treaty that includes the Master of Fire marrying Hida Kozan and joining the Hida Family. It is my understanding that this treaty was initiated by a Story Team request, at least the marriage part, so they are surely cooking something interesting up.

The downside is that there will be yet another change to the Elemental Council, and it seems that Koiso was one fan favourites of the Phoenix players. But her card's artwork and maybe her card's mechanics might have more to do with it than story appearances. Gunichi will know and maybe can correct me, if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I just realised that Hida Kozan is not only a Witch Hunter, but also a shugenja. This is the second Hida-born shugenja in the same generation. That is odd. In earlier years the ST made clear that Hida-born shugenja weren't eligible for prizes that create new shugenja Personalities. And now we have two among the highest ranking characters of the Crab and the Enpire. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:00 pm 
Dark Scribe

Geiko fulfills a prophetic vision sent by the Celestial Dragon. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:27 pm 
Dark Scribe

Lift the curtain again for Susumu Kuroko. The thread has only begun, and all is revealed currently is that Asina wanted to speak with her daimyo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:42 pm 
Dark Justice

Audax wrote:

Geiko's vision involves the kozan marriage? :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:47 pm 
Dark Scribe

Bodhi BloodWave wrote:
Geiko's vision involves the kozan marriage? :P

Maybe ...?

I've now corrected the link.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:50 pm 

Audax wrote:

Boom!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:23 pm 

The Princess is making her choice. It's down to a Scorpion (who loved her yojimbo who died the day before; wait until they bury her! Boo! Hiss!) and a Crab (recently got a big job promotion, so smart money is on him, but boo-hiss to him too because he's of a clan I don't like).

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next