Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [DT] Winter Court IV Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:00 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
kakita_shiro wrote:
How someone's lack of understanding of the setting can affect you for a week is something I'll never know, but don't feel terribly about missing out on the Miaka lottery.

It gave me an anxiety attack and made me question my own understanding of the setting. What I had intended to be an attempt to trigger the first duel of the court (first blood is what I expected) instead became a "Did I just kill myself?" moment. I managed to recover thanks to all the support I received from the various players (not just Spider. Both Crab and Lion players were also supportive of me) and the GMs (Emma-O, our AGM, was the one who managed to get everything straightened out).

Quote:
I feel like the Crane suitor got the short end of the stick since his meeting thread never even got resolved past the point where the other top contenders got.

Naishi spent a bunch of points to get Nishikawa as an Ally and we didn't get much out of that either. It would have been cool if they had chosen to resolve the Spider Imperial Nakodo prize that we still have unresolved. Could you imagine how different things would be?

Ah that stinks. But at least you killed him in the end.

AND THEY TOTALLY NEED TO RESOLVE THESE EMPIRE'S BEST PRIZES.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:09 pm 
Dark Scribe

Ockbald wrote:
Saiga made the end of his bargain, becoming the hero of Toshi Ranbo.

All Kuroko has to do is keep her end of the bargain. The character says that she did talk to the Monkey daimyo over Naishi's funeral however that might be just fluff or nothing official.

Kuroko did:
Quote:
"On [this letter] is permission from the Monkey champion to posthumously grant Saiga permission to join our ranks. He is officially known as Daigotsu Saiga from here on out. Let no other try and contest otherwise.
~Link~

Moreover, Naishi's children gain a favour from Miya Sayuri, the future wife of the Imperial Herald.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 pm 
Dark Scribe

Atsushi takes Otomo Mizuki on a date to a bunraki play. That the Spider Clan has great and famous bunraki pupeteers is a tradition that was established via story prizes two kotei seasons ago. ~Link~

I really love all these little hints of our Spider delegation that pay homage to earlier Winter Courts, story prizes and Personalities. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:47 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

For those interested, Atsushi's Character Sheet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:27 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Also, the final character sheet of Susumu Naishi, Kolat hunter.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 am 
Dark Scribe

Susumu Kuroko has approved the anti-Taint Spider Magistrates, but there will be a year of preparation. I'd either make them a branch of the Obsidian Magistrates, so that you never know whom you are truly facing when facing the Obsidian Magistrates.

But if they are a seperate kind of magistrate, I'll be bumped if they don't end up being named the Onyx magistrates.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am 
Dark Scribe

Obviously, there are some rumours about how the GMs deal with the scoring for the Heirs, and more important for our interests, how either Heir will reshape the Empire. That's how the GM team addresses the issue. The world won't end with Seiken as an Empire, nor our clan; and with Shibatsu on the throne, it won't be a golden era of the Spider Clan.

Quote:
Okay, folks, I have to speak up here about something that's staring to get me kind of perturbed. There are rumors going around that the GMs are somehow "fiddling with the numbers" here at the end of WC, in order to try to achieve some particular outcome regarding the Heir.

First--no. AEG frankly has no particular preference regarding which Heir is selected. There will be interesting story-telling challenges and opportunities related to both. And while they will obviously govern differently, neither is going to radically overhaul the Empire. I've heard it suggested that Seiken will disband the Spider; correspondingly, I've heard it said that Shibatsu will treat the Spider as something special and make them into what effectively amounts as an Imperial family. Neither is even remotely close to true. The Spider were decreed a Great Clan by their mother, and neither of them is going to be interested in overturning their mother's decrees. Moreover, the brothers are clearly very close, so no matter which one takes the Throne, the other is almost certainly going to have a prominent advisory position to the new Emperor. So let me state this clearly and emphatically--THERE'S NO PREFERENCE BY AEG REGARDING WHICH BROTHER TAKES THE THRONE. In fact, the future story is largely going to be driven by forces external to the new Emperor, which are going to severely challenge him and the entire Empire.

More egregiously is the suggestion that the GMs are somehow distorting the data. I've already encountered one such rumor that is manifestly untrue; I was told that at least one clan was having an arbitrary split, in favor of one Heir, imposed on its players' scoring. We have a spreadsheet listing every player and that player's chosen split of support, and the spreadsheet shows that there are no such "impositions" by the GMs. But you won't have to take my word for it; once the Heir is announced, we'll be publishing the information on this spreadsheet so you'll be able to see the scoring for yourselves. Such unfounded rumors are a damaging distraction from our being able to wind up this event successfully. Moreover, it's insulting to the GMs, who have worked hard to make this event successful. I would REALLY appreciate no further such rumormongering; just wait until the data is published and you'll be able to see the ACTUAL scores, not what rumors are suggesting to be "true".

Okay, now...have we been perfect? No. Has there been NO GM bias in the scoring? Maybe there has. GMs have awarded points for role playing outcomes, which is highly subjective; what may have prompted one GM to award X in a given situation might have seen another GM award Y, or even nothing. Given that there were literally several thousand little gains and losses implemented over the course of WC4, it's impossible to go back and review them all...even more, it would be an utter dog's breakfast trying to judge if some gains or losses were justified, or should have been larger or smaller than they were. In the end, there were some things we probably should have done differently--this was the first WC event in which we tried to institute a system of broad "scoring" to measure a particular outcome, after all. On the whole, though, I think the GMs did a pretty good job of reflecting player inputs with the scoring outputs...and the result is actually very close. The difference between the overall score of the "Progressives" vs the "Traditionalists" was very small, considering the fact we're dealing with more than 2000 points overall on each side. Now, there WAS an outcome, and it did end up effectively deciding who the next Heir will be. Unless there were instances in which literally hundreds of points were misallocated, small differences, even amounting to tens of points either way, will not result in the overall outcome being different.

So...PLEASE stop the rumor-milling, wait for the result to be announced, then wait for us to publish the numeric results, and then--PLEASE--take them for what they are i.e. the best possible scoring outcome your hardworking GMs could manage, to reflect the awesome role playing you guys put into this event.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

As a unicorn player, there are a few things I need to see from the scoring before I call foul on ANYTHING. The GMs did a great job, their role playing was amazing.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:13 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Seeing they will keep the brothers close and not go a civil war storyline puts me more at ease, even if Shawn's quote bothers me to no end.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:25 am 
Dark Scribe

Gyushi Kageto wrote:
As and aside I might find out whom is Touya's baby real daddy since the GMs did secretly roll that up.

The quote is crossposted from another thread.

I don't think it will matter ICly, in Rokugani sociery. Kageto knows that she's with child and will marry her regardless. Once the child is born, he will proclaim it his legitimate child and that's that. And even if he only adopts it, Rokugani law makes no difference between blood-related children and adopted children. Of course, if Gyushi and Touya were both small and their child will be big and grow tall as a Hida, people might raise an eyebrow. Unless Kageto wants to share his secret with the biological father, there won't be any consequences one way or another. Or there shouldn't. But this is Rokugan. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:20 pm 
Dark Scribe

I forgot for a moment that Kageto is a potential daddy to Touya's child. So knowing if he is the father also means knowing about his or her being affected by Emma-O's curse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Tsubaki's chracter sheet and backstory for all interested.

http://wintercourt.l5r.com/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p269719

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:20 pm 
Black Guard

Zarasu wrote:
Tsubaki's chracter sheet and backstory for all interested.

http://wintercourt.l5r.com/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p269719

annnnnndddd ASINA's backstory and character sheet

http://wintercourt.l5r.com/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=12464

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:02 am 
Trustworthy Adviser

How is it that no one knows who is the father of Touya's child? Is she keeping it a secret? Did she just forget who she slept with?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

It is in Touya's own background that she is not sure who the father is.

So, presumably, there were more than a couple of potential candidates. I'm still rooting for Sakkaku-Kageto.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:12 am 
Trustworthy Adviser

Oh. Dang. Well then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

Touya was quite the party animal apparently :lol:

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:28 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
Touya was quite the party animal apparently :lol:

It's part of her back story. She mentions it with Tomokazu.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:13 am 
Dark Scribe

Thanks for these "Ask Me Anything" threads, guys. There is one thing I've been wondering, but which is best asked all of you at once: Did we have an infiltrator within another clan?

The last two Winter Court events included Spider infiltrators, some obvious, some decided to have their cover blown for the sake of a good story, and some never were suspected of being an infiltrator in the first place.

So, were there Spider infiltrators? Or do you know about a Spider who was no Spider, but an infiltrator from another clan?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Audax wrote:
Thanks for these "Ask Me Anything" threads, guys. There is one thing I've been wondering, but which is best asked all of you at once: Did we have an infiltrator within another clan?

The last two Winter Court events included Spider infiltrators, some obvious, some decided to have their cover blown for the sake of a good story, and some never were suspected of being an infiltrator in the first place.

So, were there Spider infiltrators? Or do you know about a Spider who was no Spider, but an infiltrator from another clan?

We had no infiltrator in another Clan that we were made aware of.

Not saying there were none, but there were none we were let in on.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 am 
Dark Scribe

And here's another question to our delegation. Were there any backroom deals, maybe something wicked, that did not surface in the public area? I can see that Susumu Yanada made a handful of posts, for instance.

Also, did you find out who the Spider Fortune in the Heavens is? The one Iweko deified for her coronation anniversary?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:22 am 
Dark Scribe

sndwurks wrote:
We had no infiltrator in another Clan that we were made aware of.
Not saying there were none, but there were none we were let in on.

Thanks. I hoped for it to have become a Spider tradition by now. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Audax wrote:
And here's another question to our delegation. Were there any backroom deals, maybe something wicked, that did not surface in the public area? I can see that Susumu Yanada made a handful of posts, for instance.

Also, did you find out who the Spider Fortune in the Heavens is? The one Iweko deified for her coronation anniversary?

Yanada posted a few times in the "Hey I'm blahblah and I'll be playing blah thread" but to my knowledge never actually posted IC, which was kind of a bummer since he and Mizuki had a shared background.

No info on Spider fortunes I am aware of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Audax wrote:

Mori's stuff would be the closest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:45 am 
Dark Scribe

Mirumoto Shikei, Dragon Clan Champion, is now to marry a cousin of the former Lion Champion, pending approval of the Imperial Matchmaker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next