Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [DT] [TA] Thunderous Acclaim Previews
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:01 am 
Black Guard

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
katabana wrote:
Im super noob in term of how a card can/should work, but why can't they just give shadowland card a +1F? it suits the game's flavour and it will shut us all up. is that 1F too OP in game?

If Shadowlands = (courtesy: +1F)

Then yes, alot of Spider cards would get very interesting and more cost efficient, which would help spider tremendously. The issue is that a few of our cards would become TOO efficient, like Shiho being 4F for 4G, which makes her an insane value.

But yes, it would be a huge step in the right direction.

the other problem with this is think of some of the unaligned oni etc minuki no oni going to 7 force for 7 gold, votori becoming 4-3 gold. for them to realistically balance the detremental keyword they would have to change a lot which doesn't seem to be happening.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:07 pm 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/showimage?prefix=printing&cardid=12282&nestid=1&class=details&tagid=34&hash=1f/aa,428,600,image/jpeg

Psst... the Susumu in me likes this card.

Also, with Hira Sensei notice how Spider is NOT on these multi clan sensei.... :twisted

Secret Alliance is also a golden card people!

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:22 pm 
Dark Scribe

I like that they include and card further homebrew characters from WC 3. Doji Moro was supposed to train Spider children in bushido, but as it was a treaty before the Madness of P'an Ku sparked a civil war in the Colonies, I'm not sure if that will happen in the setting's canon.

I also notice that the opening of Jigoku's seals isn't that big an issue for the Crane, so we probably won't see anti-Shadowlands cards everywhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 pm 

Audax wrote:
I like that they include and card further homebrew characters from WC 3. Doji Moro was supposed to train Spider children in bushido, but as it was a treaty before the Madness of P'an Ku sparked a civil war in the Colonies, I'm not sure if that will happen in the setting's canon.

I also notice that the opening of Jigoku's seals isn't that big an issue for the Crane, so we probably won't see anti-Shadowlands cards everywhere.

They dont open the seals in this set as far as I know, but probably The Blackest Storm. This is when kanpeki should begin looking for them.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:32 pm 
<< Your Title Here >> <<< Ask Me How >>>

Here's the thing. I wouldn't really mind honor loss for recruiting our own guys if it hurt other clans worse than us. It doesn't. When people slash, they can shrug off the minor honor losses that build up and cripple us, so it is in no way a penalty for them, not of note anyway. Spider is the only clan that consistently gets punished for playing their own guys, and actually suffer a worse punishment for staying on clan than almost any other builds by other clans.

We don't need to be immune to honor loss, just to honor loss from cards we own. That alone would make a massive difference. We had that, then it became only Spider and Fate cards.... then one was Ninja and Fate... now it is completely gone.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:21 pm 
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!

i3ullseye wrote:

We don't need to be immune to honor loss, just to honor loss from cards we own. That alone would make a massive difference. We had that, then it became only Spider and Fate cards.... then one was Ninja and Fate... now it is completely gone.

We had that in every arc up until Ivory and dishonor still auto won against spider. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:17 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

SEPPUN!

MOUSTACHE!

FTW!

Have I ever told you why Emperors without a moustache are doomed to die miserably and bring doom to the Empire?

Check their pictures and see for yourself.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

The only real potential problems are cards that are desperately needed. Veil of Water (to help shug military stop Standing Fast which is an auto loss) and Turquoise Adjunct (to help three gold box honor decks catch up in production). I don't think either are particularly busted per say, but Adjunct is yet more gold from non holdings going into the environment and AEG doesn't really have a sterling track record when it comes to that.

Also, gimme mah seige cards!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:49 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

B-Rad wrote:
The only real potential problems are cards that are desperately needed. Veil of Water (to help shug military stop Standing Fast which is an auto loss) and Turquoise Adjunct (to help three gold box honor decks catch up in production). I don't think either are particularly busted per say, but Adjunct is yet more gold from non holdings going into the environment and AEG doesn't really have a sterling track record when it comes to that.

Unless a deck has a lot of non-gold based card draw or is including The Path of Wisdom, I doubt Turquoise Adjunct will be very much trouble. Crane have had multiple personalities with this ability and it has hardly been abusable. A Fate card from hand is a fairly steep price for its FV in gold.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:49 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

For Mantis, it sure is cheap :P

Interrupt: After you Recruit Daikichi, create a 1F/3C/3PH Mantis Clan • Spider • Nonhuman • Spirit Personality with the ability, "Engage: Enemy Personalities moving from or to the battlefield have -1 Force.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:55 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
Unless a deck has a lot of non-gold based card draw or is including The Path of Wisdom, I doubt Turquoise Adjunct will be very much trouble. Crane have had multiple personalities with this ability and it has hardly been abusable. A Fate card from hand is a fairly steep price for its FV in gold.

I was having this conversation with B'Rnn last night. My Crane dishonor deck runs twelve destined cards and three expendable cards on the dynasty side. It also runs ten cards that draw fate cards on the fate side. It also runs a set of discipline cards. That's 31% of my deck that draws me at least one card (Battle of Wits and Beset can draw me two) or I can play from discard.

Phoenix has recurrable card draw using their box, can run upwards of nine destined cards in their dynasty deck, and three expendable guys as well.

Mantis has their box and Enlistment so they're laughing at this.

Now don't get me wrong this card isn't for everyone. I can see three gold box honor decks (Kitsune, Kitsu, Susumu) who have a plethora of useless blank spuds running this in order to catch up on production. It+ Path of Wisdom+ Voice of Experience (not out of consideration given their gold scheme) and this could see major play.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 am 

B-Rad wrote:
Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:

I was having this conversation with B'Rnn last night. My Crane dishonor deck runs twelve destined cards and three expendable cards on the dynasty side. It also runs ten cards that draw fate cards on the fate side. It also runs a set of discipline cards. That's 31% of my deck that draws me at least one card (Battle of Wits and Beset can draw me two) or I can play from discard.

Phoenix has recurrable card draw using their box, can run upwards of nine destined cards in their dynasty deck, and three expendable guys as well.

Now don't get me wrong this card isn't for everyone. I can see three gold box honor decks (Kitsune, Kitsu, Susumu) who have a plethora of useless blank spuds running this in order to catch up on production. It+ Path of Wisdom+ Voice of Experience (not out of consideration given their gold scheme) and this could see major play.

Yeah, but think of it this way.

You are losing a card from hand to play Turquoise, then bowing someone early game, then losing another card just to get maybe 4G. That is three cards taken from action for 4 gold, anything more, like finding a way to straighten the personality, involves more cards.

That's pretty expensive and could be very dangerous when going second. And if it doesnt happen early it isnt as effective, so you need to get it reliably, meaning running three turquoise which become MUCH less valuable latter game.

I can see a few builds using it but I think it has too many parts to make reliable.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:58 am 

I think its a card like Soul of Man, that looks fantastic, but it too slow and complicated to work in an environment where Mantis can down a province turn 3 with Naval attached.

Early game bowing a dude for gold sounds great, but losing the province because you only have 1 defender left against naval/sneak is also a real possibility.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:00 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Daikichi wrote:

Bow a guy to cycle and gain 0 or 1G?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:08 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
Daikichi wrote:

Why, you little cheeeeeeky ...
No, but really. For Kitsu and Kitsune decks, the card can make a difference, since alot of the shugs are blank after spitting the spirit out. And shugenja decks have high focus cards ;)

Interrupt: After you Recruit Daikichi, create a 1F/3C/3PH Mantis Clan • Spider • Nonhuman • Spirit Personality with the ability, "Engage: Enemy Personalities moving from or to the battlefield have -1 Force.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:00 am 

Daikichi wrote:
Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
Daikichi wrote:

Why, you little cheeeeeeky ...
No, but really. For Kitsu and Kitsune decks, the card can make a difference, since alot of the shugs are blank after spitting the spirit out. And shugenja decks have high focus cards ;)

Well as long as scour the unworthy exists I think any spud deck is doomed.
So let them have the gold, they need it.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:39 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

B-Rad wrote:
Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:

Yeah, but think of it this way.

You are losing a card from hand to play Turquoise, then bowing someone early game, then losing another card just to get maybe 4G. That is three cards taken from action for 4 gold, anything more, like finding a way to straighten the personality, involves more cards.

That's pretty expensive and could be very dangerous when going second. And if it doesnt happen early it isnt as effective, so you need to get it reliably, meaning running three turquoise which become MUCH less valuable latter game.

I can see a few builds using it but I think it has too many parts to make reliable.

Brotherhood sensei, crab, and dragon starting with air don't have to invest too many cards for the straightening part of it

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:10 am 

http://thedragonclan.net/index.php?topic=2086.0

Looks like we are finally getting some answers.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:17 am 
Black Guard

i like accepting the choice, like really like it, unconditional search just flat out seems good :L but then again i'm a new player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 am 

I should specify that Kharma's First Form and Mizukabe.

One mentions that, like a bonsai being pruned the Spider must be sheered away.

The other has someone mentioning that the dragon WERE the stewards of the spider.

Both imply that Spider clan status is going away.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

It seems that Seiken's betrayal of the Spider is going to be pretty unambiguous after all. Good.

Not that we'll win any more sympathy because of it, but it's nice to see regardless.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:44 am 

Shimane wrote:

It seems that Seiken's betrayal of the Spider is going to be pretty unambiguous after all. Good.

Not that we'll win any more sympathy because of it, but it's nice to see regardless.

As long as we can point at the empire and say that Kanpeki wasnt stupid... then I'm good.

As for the lion previews today,

Unforgivable can be bonkers good in a deck abusing Zenshi and undead.

This however...

I like this alot. Pity Conscripts exist.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:32 pm 
Black Guard

are conscripts such a problem ??
the scorpion are running dishonour holdings, crab running mines and mantis running ports so we are the only clan that would be running something like this.
farms and conscripts seem to be disappearing from the environment, or at least where i am :S during the Sheffield kotei i saw only the ones in my deck :S

i'm also liking the unexpected valour for the discipline and not needing to be opposed to straighten so can burn all your actions to kill or remove your opponent and then straighten what you need to with this. nothing else seems to stick out to me

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:11 pm 
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod

Shika plays Conscripts and remains the best deck in the environment. Any follower-based military will at least consider running them, as they are still one of the most cost-effective followers in the game. I don't think Farms will make any kind of comeback until they rotate out.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

I like those farms they can stay in a neat pile until next year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next