Shinden Fu Leng


Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:06 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm
Posts: 69
On Oracle (as is the set now)

The Twisted One
3F 3C
-HR 5GC 0PH
Ninja * Shadowlands
After The Twisted One enters play, lose 1 Honor.
Ninja Battle: Copy a Battle ability that does not copy abilities on a target enemy Personality. Remove the ability from the target.
"What need have I of a life of my own? I can have anyone's life I wish."

Uncommon

Not going to lie, that's probably worth losing an honor for...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:07 pm 
Offline
Dark Rhetoric
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 1016
Yeah that's bonkers

_________________
Spider Clan - Shadowlands - Panegyrist - Dark Rhetoric
Herumorion nan. Laitas, i Artaher Fatanyuo
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:36 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:44 am
Posts: 71
He's meant to be a bit of a workhorse for the Goju deck, helping you get some of those trigger bonuses from opposing blank dudes. Between him and his buddy Ninja Shapeshifter, you 'unmake' quite a few Personalities.

_________________
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012- 2015


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:31 pm 
Offline
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 1602
Tetsuro wrote:
He's meant to be a bit of a workhorse for the Goju deck, helping you get some of those trigger bonuses from opposing blank dudes. Between him and his buddy Ninja Shapeshifter, you 'unmake' quite a few Personalities.



I'm getting quite optimistic about our ninjas! They are certainly looking more interesting than anything else we have. Most importantly, ninjas have absolutely NOTHING to do with fear! lol

_________________
Image
Image
AEG EVENTS TEAM


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:39 pm 
Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:40 pm
Posts: 1137
Goju are amazing... end of story

_________________
Spider Clan ● Loyal ● Samurai ● The Blackest Sword ● Necromancer ● Unique

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:07 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm
Posts: 66
I like this card a lot, but i don't know about attempting to shapeshift his ability... a 10g 2f personality sounds extremely fragile, especially since you don't get an additional action to used that ability.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:07 pm 
Offline
Br'nn
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
This guy is unreal. Definitely a pillar for the the Ninja deck.

_________________
Br'nn
Spider Clan* Ratling * Scout * Nonhuman * Chipped Tooth Tribe* One Tribe
The Vanguard * Sensei * Team Rice * Dirty Rice

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:12 pm 
Offline
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 1602
pangu wrote:
I like this card a lot, but i don't know about attempting to shapeshift his ability... a 10g 2f personality sounds extremely fragile, especially since you don't get an additional action to used that ability.


I don't think I've seen the updated shapeshifter. Has it change to where he can copy abilities that copy now? If it hasn't, Shapeshifter can't copy The Twisted One's ability.

After playing some games with my ninja deck, I gotta say the control is real and this guy is pretty boss. I even played a spider ninja vs spider ninja game and had to go first and still came out with the win. So far, 5-0 with it with minor tweaks here and there. I beat dueling no problem as well. That was a fun game! hehe

_________________
Image
Image
AEG EVENTS TEAM


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 am 
Offline
Black Guard
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:20 am
Posts: 143
Sparks wrote:
After playing some games with my ninja deck, I gotta say the control is real and this guy is pretty boss. I even played a spider ninja vs spider ninja game and had to go first and still came out with the win. So far, 5-0 with it with minor tweaks here and there. I beat dueling no problem as well. That was a fun game! hehe


Deck or GTFO! :D

And Ninja only get more and more fun as the arc goes on.

_________________
Image

Vancouver Kotei Champion 2015 - Spider
Top of Clan Vancouver Kotei 2015 - Spider
Top 2 Vancouver Kotei 2014 - Scorpion
Top 4 Vancouver Kotei 2013 - Mantis
Top of Clan Vancouver Kotei 2012 - Spider
Top 4 Vancouver Kotei 2011 - Spider


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 am 
Offline
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 1602
Cambeul no Oni wrote:
Sparks wrote:
After playing some games with my ninja deck, I gotta say the control is real and this guy is pretty boss. I even played a spider ninja vs spider ninja game and had to go first and still came out with the win. So far, 5-0 with it with minor tweaks here and there. I beat dueling no problem as well. That was a fun game! hehe


Deck or GTFO! :D

And Ninja only get more and more fun as the arc goes on.



Hahahaha. I would, but you know I don't release half assed decks. Still in testing stages with tweaks being made. Once I get things to where I like it, I will post a deck for sure. :D

_________________
Image
Image
AEG EVENTS TEAM


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:05 pm 
Offline
Abbot of Shinden Fu Leng
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm
Posts: 1195
I don't care what Sparks says, this guy is good.

Oh, wait, Sparks likes it. I do too.

_________________
Spider Clan ● Abbot of Shinden Fu Leng ● Monk ● Priest of the Dark Fortunes ● Shadowlands
Straw Dogs - Designated Scrub
Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline
Br'nn
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Yeah, its so weird seeing Sparks saying something good about some Spider cards. ;)

_________________
Br'nn
Spider Clan* Ratling * Scout * Nonhuman * Chipped Tooth Tribe* One Tribe
The Vanguard * Sensei * Team Rice * Dirty Rice

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm 
Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:40 pm
Posts: 1137
The goju dont have fear actions... its so beautiful. I was getting SO tired of "strap a fear to him" design.

_________________
Spider Clan ● Loyal ● Samurai ● The Blackest Sword ● Necromancer ● Unique

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:06 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm
Posts: 66
I actually find that the ninja desperately need a personality with fear or some kind of battle action. The few games i've played with ninjas most of my guys just sit there while i burn away my hand. Right now there just aren't enough good ninja bodies or ninja actions to warrant focusing on a ninja deck.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 pm 
Offline
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 1602
pangu wrote:
I actually find that the ninja desperately need a personality with fear or some kind of battle action. The few games i've played with ninjas most of my guys just sit there while i burn away my hand. Right now there just aren't enough good ninja bodies or ninja actions to warrant focusing on a ninja deck.


Oh I've got one and it is so B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE NINJAS!!!!!! :ninjafight:

Also... Card draw is so easy when you can play Feign Death on Daigotsu Teruo! It's so much fun! :D

_________________
Image
Image
AEG EVENTS TEAM


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:16 am 
Offline
Awww, Banned
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 pm
Posts: 105
Sparks wrote:
pangu wrote:
I actually find that the ninja desperately need a personality with fear or some kind of battle action. The few games i've played with ninjas most of my guys just sit there while i burn away my hand. Right now there just aren't enough good ninja bodies or ninja actions to warrant focusing on a ninja deck.


Oh I've got one and it is so B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE NINJAS!!!!!! :ninjafight:

Also... Card draw is so easy when you can play Feign Death on Daigotsu Teruo! It's so much fun! :D


Holy god dude...thanks for that combo!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:42 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:10 pm
Posts: 65
I hope you guys have had a chance to use forged hammer on teruo too. XD


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:45 pm 
Offline
Obsidian Magistrate
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:38 am
Posts: 82
Sparks wrote:
pangu wrote:
I actually find that the ninja desperately need a personality with fear or some kind of battle action. The few games i've played with ninjas most of my guys just sit there while i burn away my hand. Right now there just aren't enough good ninja bodies or ninja actions to warrant focusing on a ninja deck.


Oh I've got one and it is so B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE NINJAS!!!!!! :ninjafight:

Also... Card draw is so easy when you can play Feign Death on Daigotsu Teruo! It's so much fun! :D


Are you talking about real decks or jank with Kumoru, Teruo, Poison Sake, Strike as the Earth and Wounded in Battle? With a side of Touch of Death and some more control?

I really don't remember what 20F environment was like, but I do remember it was fun :smoke:


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [20F] Spider Personality: The Twisted One
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm 
Offline
Crane Envoy to The Spider
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 am
Posts: 1194
Location: Fort Lee, New Jersey
Holy balls, I just noticed this guy was UNCOMMON.

_________________
Trades!

ImageImage


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By John Lee Hooker Ringtones     
Updated By Kieron Thwaites (Ron2K)