Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 20F TOP 2 QUEBEC KOTEI ''FEAR THEM ALL'' Deck
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:46 pm 
Cultist

So I'm playing since quite a long time and decided not to post any of the previous decks I tried because of the lack of experience I had. I think now it's time for me to post you my fear deck that I think, (I truly believe), is one of the most efficient spider deck we can build.

Legality= Twenty festival Arc (Maybe strict too, correct me if not)

''Statistics'' =

-Won 2/3 to 3/4 of my games. (at least)
-Easy against: Late building deck (like Kensai deck), Dishonor deck and almost every kind of honor deck.
-Hard against: Rocket Honor deck.
-Second place at an UNOFFICIAL KOTEI. We still managed to vote for our clan but the winner couldn't chose to protect or steal something. His vote count as two by the way..! The Description of the event is at the end!

Tips:

-You don't need more than 12$ in holdings to play the deck. Almost all of the personalities cost under 5$ and Follower under 3$.

-It's a fast offensive deck. Use the huge amount of fear that spider gives us and Destroy the others personalities with "Okura is released" and "Assassin Strike" through followers!

-Use cavalry! Since, (I think), it's one of the most powerful offense meta-gaming in the game.

///////DECK LIST\\\\\\\

Fate (42)

Strategy:

(Op Cards)
-Sneak Attack x3
-Victory through deference x3
-Insight x2

(Fear build Cards)

-Okura is released x3
-Assassin Strike x2
-Way of the Spider x2
-Street of the second city x2
-Sanctioned Declaration x3
-Fearless Devotion x2

(Other Cards)
-Overwhelming offense x2
-Back to the front x3
-Incapacitated x1
-A desperate Struggle x1
-Open Ground x2
-Earth Ring

Attachements:

-Skeletal Troops x2
-Mounted support x2
-Zlkyt's family x3
-Tested Blade x3

Destin(40)

Holdings(17)

-Ashigaru Farmland x3
-Famous Bazaar x3
-Marchant Atoll x2 (Rectified. Now i'm playing Hasty Defense!)
-Shinomen Marsh x3
-Puppet theatre troupe x3
-Fudoist Temple x3

Personalities(23)

(Cost 4)
-Hyamako x2
-Daigostu Konishi x2
-Daigotsu Teruo x2
-Ninube shiho x3

(Cost 5)
-Tairo x2
-Gyushi Kageto x2
-Daigotsu Atsushi x3
-Daigotsu Kendo x2

(Cost more)
-Daigotsu Roburo x3
-Daigotsu Kanpeki
-Goju Yurishi

Some deck and cards using explanation:

-Economy is more than important is this game and people use to forget it to often. It way more effective personality or follower in the game but you can't play them without breaking your economy. The ''scout'' style of mantis demonstrate how strong is a deck with low cost (perso, weapon, follower,). Of course we're all playin l5r for fun but I think every kind of Deck is buildable with a low cost philosophy. So if you want to have fun and win: LOW COST.

-Don't underestimate 'Fudoist temple'. since we can almost lose a province and don't care about it, (stronghold ability + 3 "famous Bazaar"), build a 7 or 8 force unit and destroy a province without carrying of losing one next turn.

-I wrote ''op'' cards, (Overpower for those who are not familiar), because it is what it is. I can't see a deck without ''Victory trough deference'' in it, and also same for ''Sneak Attack'' in an offensive deck. I put ''Insight'' in the ''op'' cards because of the synergie with ''Teruo''. (I can put the card I want next in a battle like ''victory through...'') and it's and awesome combo.

-'Sanctioned declaration' and 'Fearless Devotion' are in the fear build because they are courage cards. 'sanctioned declaration' is an awesome card by the way.

-I put 'mounted support' in the deck because of the conqueror that it gives. But you could easily change that follower for one that you like but dont forget LOW cost is important.

-Im using 'puppet theatre' because there is to many good honor deck build.

-U Cannot NOT play Shiho. That's it.

-Hyamako Cost 2 Kensai? Enough said. Cost 2 DAMN

-Roburo is a must.

-Kageto is a must.

-Teruo is a must.

-Kanpeki out of my deck hurts me. So take two additional battle.

KOTEI EVENT QUEBEC

This was an event of almost 20 peoples. We played 4 games and then the 2 best players meet in a final.

Game 1 (Win 4-0)

vs SPIDER Military=

Easy win his deck was not on point I think he used to be a Crab player. 4-0 after round 6.

Game 2 (Win 4-0)

vs Crane Duelist Honor=

It ends at 37 honor for him. So I guess it was quite close but not to much because I managed to kill is best personalities with ''okura is released'' and ''Assassin Strike'' the turn before I win.

Game 3 (Win 4-2)

Vs scorpion military (chi killer?)

This game was my favorite. Not because my Deck worked but I really got lucky. I got a little slow start and I run the game on a 8 gold economy. Then the scorpion Challenge me in an important duel and I decided to try to focus. I focused 4 card with my deck and he decided to do the same thing! He turned two cards with focus 1 so he was forced to Bow his Damio! I destroyed 2 provinces in one turn then I won!

Game 4 (win 4-0)

Vs Crane Rocket Honor!

Hoo Damn. I was so nervous About this game because this guy was actually my brother and I know is deck well. It's a strong Honor rocket and he knows how to play it. He was 3-0 at that time. So we start the game with both a good start but I got the start where the deck cannot lose I explain.

I got two shinomen marsh in the first round. Round two I bought a ''fudoist temple'' and ''Daigotsu Roburo'' and there was a ''Teruo'' in one of my province. Round 3 with 10 gold I knew it was impossible for him to win this game. I equip A ''Skeletal troop'' to my ''Roburo'' and A ''Zilkyt's Family'' the unit got now 8 force with cavalry. I destroy the first province and then bought Teruo. Round 4 I managed to get a Sneak attack with Teruo and I got an Okura is released. I baited I'm with the cavalry and destroy is best personality through follower with the combo: Cavalry, Sneak, Okura is released. Then he turn 2 holdings so conceded the game.

GAME FINAL (LOST to Honor)

I really got unlucky because the second best player was my brother again so we played a second game in row. I knew, at that time, I will not be as lucky as I was the previous game. And I was right. We got both normal start, I managed to destroy 2 provinces but Couldn't do much more. He totally won this game with his Damn Send home!

So give your comments, what u like and not!

Last edited by gui12 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 20F TOP 2 QUEBEC KOTEI ''FEAR THEM ALL'' Deck
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:48 am 
Sexy Beast
 YIM  Profile

Congrats on the placing man! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:32 am 
Cultist

Thx haha But the community here is too small -__- so I gotta move to Montreal for an official Kotei! I still won some rare cards tho haha so not too bad!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:18 pm 
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod

Where and when was this tournament held? I have friends that play in Montreal and they said the game was dead there.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:31 am 
Cultist

Hinomura wrote:
Where and when was this tournament held? I have friends that play in Montreal and they said the game was dead there.

Mark

Like I Said that was an "unofficial" there was prize and many things to promote L5r but the event was not so big! Around 20 players like I said!

It was at "Place Laurier" Quebec City at the "L'imaginaire" store.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:32 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

gui12 wrote:
Hinomura wrote:

Mark

Like I Said that was an "unofficial" there was prize and many things to promote L5r but the event was not so big! Around 20 players like I said!

If it is unofficial, then I'd avoid using the term Kotei.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:04 pm 
Sexy Beast
 YIM  Profile

kakita_shiro wrote:
gui12 wrote:
Hinomura wrote:

Mark

Define official? Because last I checked, there are no more officially sanctioned Koteis anyway since the announcement. :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:53 pm 
Cultist

kakita_shiro wrote:
gui12 wrote:
Hinomura wrote:

Mark

Hum nope. I think unofficial Kotei fit perfectly here. That was an Event of L5r in which every players was invited to vote for a clan and our vote has repercussion on the storyline of L5r. That was unofficial because the winner couldn't steal from other clan or keep card. (his vote count as two vote tho) That was a promoting event and I think the OFFICIAL promoter of l5r used the definition ''unofficial'' Kotei a couple times.

The event was 3-4 months ago in July (dont remember the date tho!)

But well L5r is over now (lawl)