Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Livestream Friday 11am CST
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 am 
Dark Rhetoric

on their facebook page

Quote:
Friday at 11 a.m. CST for our first Facebook Live Stream! Tweet your Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game questions to @FFGames on Twitter with the hashtag "#L5Rlive" to have them answered by Story Lead Katrina Ostrander and Designers Brad Andres and Nate French live on air!

i may have asked a leading question about how many wives the emperor has and how they're doing

Post subject: Re: Livestream Friday 11am CST
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:16 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

So for those who have watched it:
How does it feel to be brushed aside as something extra?
"You play as the clans" and "It's more interesting their human and inner conflict"?

Yeah sure we got some Shadowlands allusions back on the AMA but it's not looking good for #teamhell.

Am I allowed to feel a bit frustrated? An I entitled to hear a clear explanation from the devs about the Shadowlands (and the Mantis) factions? Are we really that irrelevant as a player base?
I mean hey I'm excited about the game. I'm getting a box... And playing Lion. But Shadowlands aren't a clan, and the way they worded it, it doesn't seem like non-clan entities will be playable on the cardgame.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm 
Dark Rhetoric

yeah, that was a dim spot in an otherwise really interesting livestream. even that answer really impressed me with the depth of the thought they gave to it. Katrina and Brad and Nate clearly give a shit. theres no lack of grognards (especially on the facebook group apparently) who keep trying to project malice or deceit onto them, but the simplest explanation really seems to be that these guys have taken the game seriously, they understand what it means to the fans and are trying to do right by it. brad and katrina in particular seems super engaged.

now, we may not like every way that works out. katrina seems to have embraced with "samurai drama" narrative, letting the supernatural elements of the setting deepen and play out as a background and setting for that drama, as opposed to a supernatural drama in which samurai are characters, which is more what we had before, and in which the shadowlands/spider were able to exist.

i think for the near to intermediate future, we're not likely to come back. we'll have to be patient and see whats up tho. my general read, personally, is that these people get l5r, and love the setting. one way or another, that includes the shadowlands.

also: did you see the bit where they dodged the FUCK out of saying Daigotsu? name some of the setting's big villains: Fu Leng, Iuchiban...? hmmmm maybe overreading the situation but that felt weird to me.

edit: more writeup of what was said on the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/l5r/comments/6 ... m_is_live/

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:50 pm 
Bad Poster

Daigotsu was a good, misunderstood boy, though a bit tsundere. :weeb: