Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tournaments, story choices, RPG events - fan edition
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:02 pm 
Black Guard

I decided to start a new thread because I didn't want to derail the Keeping Shinden Fu Leng alive one too much.

A community-made Onyx setting is being made right now. It seems its getting somewhere with the timeline and everything, but there is a lot of things that still needs to be fleshed out. Some of these elements must be decided by the community through discussions for it to make any sort of sense, but other elements could and maybe should be treated in a way similar to story prizes.

Let me give you an example, under the current write-up of Onyx edition, there is six Great Clans: Spider, Unicorn, Lion, Scoprion, Crane and Dragon. (Mantis are disbanded, Crab and Phoenix are so small they are the size of a Minor Clan)

Under the reign of a Shourido-driven Emperor, a minor clan wouldn't benefit from the same protection they had before. It is to be expected that sooner or later, a Great Clan will just annex them. The easy way would be to use geographical proximity to decide which Minor Clan is absorbed by whom, but we could just as easily create an event where winners could pick which Great Clans absorb which minor Clans. Maybe a few of them will also survive the onslaght by grouping together as a new Great Clan, Mantis-style or through alliances with Great Clans, for protection.

I do not know all the ressources Internet has to offer to create such events, but I do hope others among you might know. How do you think we might organize ourselves to continue to play the game we love and change the face of Onyx, even if it is just a fan-made setting.

All comments are welcome, both in the how and the what (meaning the different ''prizes'' winners could choose)