Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: IA Fiction Thunderous Acclaim 1 (Kanpeki, Shibatsu)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:58 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

I personally believe that the obsidian empire, especially after the time jump will be a very different thing to what the players are expecting.

I expect Dave to keep the 8v1 pile on for a while, if not changing many aspects of the setting enough to give pause to a number of the factions.

If this is going to be the 20 year extravaganza then I expect for them to make this complicated and interesting.

Already the unicorn, mantis, and dragon are not offensively fighting the spider. Monsters yes but not the emperor directly.

Depending on splits we could see entire factions fall apart into in fighting. Lion feels like it's going to be divided between saving the Iweko or making a lion emperor, a split that could radically divide them. The crab might see a divide between defending and attacking, meaning their are only half offensive against us. Mantis will play its own games as will unicorn and the only clans I expect to litterally throw everything at us in the Phoenix.

Spider will be fine. The other factions need to be united both as clans and as individual player bases. Good luck on that end.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:10 am 
<< Your Title Here >> <<< Ask Me How >>>

Dragon seem to be strong armed into at least not working against the Spider, if not fully allying with us. They weren't allowed any anti-spider choices. And yet, with the recent wins, they saved the City of the Lost.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

I think the intention was to burn the city of the lost though so we will have to see.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:38 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
I think the intention was to burn the city of the lost though so we will have to see.

Maybe the Spider have rubbed off on the Dragon more than they would like to admit. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:55 am 
Dark Scribe

The advertisment for the next expansion, Evil Portents, is out and it seems that Kanpeki does not yet destroy the seals to Jigoku, but that he fields his armies to destroy the seals defenders: ~Link~

So it seems we will might have the 8 versus 1 for the time until Onyx starts and then some. I have some nostalgic feelings about the Shadowlands Horde, but I like the Spiders among the other clans better, if only as infiltrators and advisors with a hidden agenda. Let's hope it's not all as Black and White as the advertisment makes it sound.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:55 am 
Unique Nothing

Audax wrote:
Let's hope it's not all as Black and White as the advertisment makes it sound.

Nope, this is beyond black. Past black and accelerating...
The setting that suposed to be "gray"?
Subtle like a T-Rex, or an Atomic Bomb

EDIT:

Quote:
The vast Spider Clan has launched its armies

Sorry i didn't get the memo... we are wast? O.o
And have several armies? (well, most of them are undead i guess... there is no point to waste those gaijin corpses that filled a whole canyon in the Ivory Kingdom and the Chuda family is back in business, so... but still, i never would guess we have such a force)

Last edited by Goju on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 am 
Dark Scribe

The problem is that Jigoku has always been black in the setting. It is the archenemy of Rokugan, so there is not much grey as to when to oppose it. There can be some tensions if a samurai's beloved daughter contracts the Taint and he needs to find means and money to get Jade Petal Tea or is forced to execute his daughter. There are grey stories, but willingly allying with Jigoku usually is a black and white decision. Unless the Emperor is Tainted or Fu Leng...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:11 am 
Unique Nothing

True, of curse
But the promise was a story and a setting where the Spider Clan's and Kanpeki's motives kind of "gray", so the other clans maybe join us...
Well, not to much room to wigle...
C'est la vie :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7