Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: IA- 6/12/2015 - Scenes from The Empire - Susumu Naishi
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:21 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Scenes from the The Empire

Four stories this time:

Not the End: Shiba Danjiro leads Phoenix forces to defeat the Unicorn with militarily applied magic and martial arts. Spells are cast and Unicorn are killed. They then pay respect to the dead both allied and enemy.

Blood and Chrysanthemums: Mirumoto Kyoshiro marries Doji Iza, who becomes Mirumoto Iza, to become co-governors of the Chuushin District of Toshi Ranbo. Kyoshiro enjoys the schadenfreude. A flashback reveals that a naked women gave him advice from a mysterious Abbot. A second flashback shows him visiting a Dark Temple when he first meets an old preist that was previously part of his story and then meets "Tsukete," Susumu Naishi from WC4 going by a new name, before a statue dedicated to Kyoso. "Tsukete" explains to Kyoshiro how he can really ruin Iza, he only has to join a group, marry her, take a position and willingly be a potential fall guy. Kyoshiro agrees and becomes Master Chrysanthemum. The Abbot, nearby bowing before Susumu, ponders about the irony of the situation.

Strength of the Pride: Matsu Chizuka leads her troops and lions into an ambush which they slaughter there way out of.

The Boar Reborn: Heichi Tochiko watches as Shiro Heichi bustles with new arrivals. Kuni Seifukusha comes up to talk to her about some stuff. Hida tadama is said to test new Boar Recruits by beating them silly. Kuni Renyu wants Seifukusha to test the Boar recruits for purity. Seifukusha talks about the 1k years of darkness dream world she read about in Fumisato's/Uji's dairies.

Post subject: Re: IA- 6/12/2015 - Scenes from The Empire - Susumu Naishi
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:20 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Excuse me while I do the happy dance of being in the canon a second time.

/dance

Ahem.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:42 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

As I read that story, I kept wondering if Naishi has a plan to ruin the Kolat using Kyoshiro and Iza.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:47 pm 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

Wouldn't surprise me...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:22 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Daigotsu Atsushi wrote:
As I read that story, I kept wondering if Naishi has a plan to ruin the Kolat using Kyoshiro and Iza.

What I find interesting is that this means Naishi likely knows the identity of two Kolat Masters (the Abbott, and Master Chrysanthemum), and has a good suspicion on a third, being Akodo Kobi thanks to certain actions from Winter Court.

I trust in the Story Team to use her well, though. So far, Hand and Mr. Lemaire have done excellently, and I am gratified to have had an impact on this game thanks to them.

The other stories were also awesome.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 pm 
Dark Scribe

After the hurly-burly that I consider Thunderous Acclaim 1 I would have nearly forgotten to mention how very pleased I am with Winter Court characters being canonised, homaged and used in the fictions. Susumu Naishi and Susumu Akurei (in Winter Court 3) have been among the most well-thought out Susumu characters so far and have both unexpectedly been given a position of authority. Akurei has yet to appear in a story, though.