Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [IA] Twenty Festivals, Part 1 (Kanpeki, Endo)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 pm 
Alleged Scorpion Fanboy

My first full feature fiction... be gentle guys ;)

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=87

Post subject: Re: 20 Festivals part 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:51 pm 
Trustworthy Adviser

Ah, I love good "My tetsubo is bigger than yours" Crab posturing.

Really enjoyed the read!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

I loved Tsuda's description of the Emerald Championship. I was the Crane Daimyo at that event and know how close both the Unicorn and Crane came to winning the event.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:50 pm 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Kanpeki's innermost desire revealed! I never knew!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:06 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Max, you are my inspiration!

/bromance

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:33 pm 
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!

I usually just skim through for spider content, but this time, I made an exception.
I, thoroughly enjoyed the entire read, Max.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:32 pm 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

This was fantastic! I cant wait to see all of the Kokujin action!

Bring on the Undead legions! I cant wait!

*Studies Necronomicon*

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:31 am 
Alleged Scorpion Fanboy

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:50 am 
Gravity Dragon's Vanguard: The Shadow Soul Crusher

Great read! Excellent Work!

"I crush you"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:09 am 
Black Guard

Indeed a great read to be sure. I enjoyed the subtle by play of the gifts that the taint can bring for those truly blessed by it. Can't wait to see the balancing act later between the Gyushi and the Daigotsu sides of my happy little clan of arse kickers!

"I am now officially in awe of Kageto's player for such an awesome quirk on our shuggiesmiths."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:36 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

If Toranosuke really covers his tetsubo in jade everyday, even when there is no need to, I think this guy is the cause of the Crab's money problems all by himself...

Good stories nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:13 am 
Cultist

fantastic loved every word keep up the great work max :D

Im one of those players who wants spider to stay a great clan and this fiction to me at least strongly hints at us going back to being the horde. but still managed to get me super excited and make me want to charge the empire swords drawn :ninjafight:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 am 

I gave up hopes of remaining a Great Clan the minute Seiken was announced as emperor. Then the starter fictionfor 20F mentioned that both heirs were going to screw over the Spider and Shiabatsu winning wasn't ever going to be changing that.

Staying a Great Clan was never a real possibility, just enjoy the ride and raise some undead. Jigoku needs a reason to punk the empire, as we ALL know they are the big bad of Onix, and breaking the deal with the spider is the only thing stupid enough to damn the empire.

I mean, this is what happens when Iweko puts the stupid son on the throne, the Iweko dynasty comes crashing down in hellfire and the cackling of oni.

Hopefully we get to keep the spider mon so I dont have to buy a new honor counter.

Either way, fun times ahead!

:peasant:

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:58 am 
Cultist

too true Itsy too true.

Gotta say the one thing I look forward to the taint hopefully being a contagion again as opposed to something you can only get from acceptance. make the setting more interesting imho. I mean no reason for big daddy D to keep his end of the deal now the iweko's are not going to keep their's. hopefully Seiken will go down in history as the emperor to cause that when it could have been avoided by keeping his mothers deal.

but yes a great big hell yes please let us keep the spider mon a symbol of a creature that represents our chief weapon of surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Big D! Um, I'll come in again...”!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am 

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
I gave up hopes of remaining a Great Clan the minute Seiken was announced as emperor.

Seth wrote:
Okay folks, let me help clear some things up. This Kotei Season isn't about whether the Spider Clan remain a Clan or not. Enjoy the ride, but know your Clan status isn't in peril.

I guess I had a reason to think otherwise... :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:21 am 

Sparks wrote:
I gave up hopes of remaining a Great Clan the minute Seiken was announced as emperor.

Seth wrote:
Okay folks, let me help clear some things up. This Kotei Season isn't about whether the Spider Clan remain a Clan or not. Enjoy the ride, but know your Clan status isn't in peril.

Still don't see it happening, sorry. I'm fine with it now. We have nothing to lose by this point.

Remember, the kotei season isn't about whether we remain a clan, that was decided no matter what. ;)

Well still be spider clan, sitting in the shadowlands and ploting the downfall if the empire as the villain of the month shows up.

Hell, if there was ONE fiction that pointed the continued survival of the spider clan as part of the empire I would be glad to say I'm wrong but it simply does not exist.

The best I can hope for is that we take seiken out as we leave, in fact... Just end the Iweko all together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 am 

I guess you ignored the last sentence altogether, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Sparks wrote:
Seth wrote:

Emphasis mine.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:19 am 
Daddy's Favorite

I've played Spider for as long as I've played L5R, but in the wake of Seiken's coronation, would *love* to see us go down in a blaze of glory. If getting axed by Seiken means we get to be the villains of Onyx, if it means Daigotsu unleashing Jigoku in the most devastating assault on the Empire in history, then that would be a price I'd be willing to pay.

Staying a Great Clan was never a real possibility, just enjoy the ride and raise some undead. Jigoku needs a reason to punk the empire, as we ALL know they are the big bad of Onix, and breaking the deal with the spider is the only thing stupid enough to damn the empire.

I mean, this is what happens when Iweko puts the stupid son on the throne, the Iweko dynasty comes crashing down in hellfire and the cackling of oni.

I mean, wouldn't this be glorious?

...But alas, the Story Team said the Spider would be safe. But safe for what? To go on 10 more arcs as the token "bad team" who helps the Empire fight other villains and never gains its nefarious ends? Better to change the course of history and leave our mark on the Empire for all time, even if it means having our Great Clan status revoked again.

Post subject: 20 Festivals part 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 am 
Dark Rhetoric

Seths precipitous departure from his role made me nervous at the time and the events in the intervening months have increased that concern. I'm not saying he left JUST because he discovered he'd been lied to and consequently lied him to us, but it increasingly looks like that may have happened and given what a stand up guy Seth is, I wouldnt be shocked to learn that was the case and if it is I understand.

The irony is the game is more compelling today than its been in years, even if our status is in danger.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:42 am 

Gennosuke wrote:
I've played Spider for as long as I've played L5R, but in the wake of Seiken's coronation, would *love* to see us go down in a blaze of glory. If getting axed by Seiken means we get to be the villains of Onyx, if it means Daigotsu unleashing Jigoku in the most devastating assault on the Empire in history, then that would be a price I'd be willing to pay.

I mean, wouldn't this be glorious?

...But alas, the Story Team said the Spider would be safe. But safe for what? To go on 10 more arcs as the token "bad team" who helps the Empire fight other villains and never gains its nefarious ends? Better to change the course of history and leave our mark on the Empire for all time, even if it means having our Great Clan status revoked again.

Thats the thing, I still dont believe that spider was ever safe to begin with. Seth probably didn't think he was lying, he is a nice guy after all, but anyone that thinks that staying a great clan was a REAL option for us (which I used to think and even wanted) or something that we could provide input for simply needs to read the writing on the wall.

Seth's little statement means ziltch to me honestly. He is gone and we are going to be thrown under the bus. Now can it be interesting... maybe. Was it what I wanted when I bought a Spider starter ad was told that I "had to play like a great clan now"? Not at all.

I'm not opposed to Spider becoming a vilian clan, we always were afterall, but if it plays out with Kanpeki crying to daddy and such nonsense then it only makes Kanpeki weak. Goodness forbid he ever takes on the taint, that is a smack in the face to everything Michio has taught him and really would be a disappointment. The taint has too often been shown to be a crutch for true villains while the coolest charecters didnt need it to be badass. Michio and Omigawa my two largest examples. Kanpeki was cool because he could beat the lost while not being tainted and dominate them. He was the Monster to monsters and he didnt need to rely on taint. Making him tainted would throw that aspect, the BEST aspect of him out the window.

Overall I feel like they should have made US (the players) apart of this transition, not play falsehoods and act like last year or Shiabatsu ever mattered, because the starter fiction already pointed out he didn't. How would he screw us, we will never know (Though I guess it would have been better the Seiken's predictable story) as he never became emperor. Winter Court is aiming to not have mattered either, and we went FULL progressive there, with charecters REALLY wanting to do their best to BE the great clan of the spider. Their efforts dont matter if we are thrown to shadowlands.

But now we have Daniel Dineen Referring to Spider and the Shadowlands as the same exact same thing on facebook so any doubt is out of my mind.

Enjoy the taint everyone, that whole "Being a Great Clan" thing never was going to work out anyway. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:44 am 

Little note though: We are going a bit off topic but Max's Fiction was still fantastic! Any rant about the over arcing story has nothing to do with this fiction as Max only joined recently and didn't design the meta plot.

Love ya Max and this fiction is great ;) Just wanted you to know before the thread explodes as story threads usually do.

Post subject: 20 Festivals part 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:00 am 
Dark Rhetoric

100% agree. I may have beef over how spider have/are being handled community wise but in the storyline I'm very happy with the excellent quality of stories were getting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:17 am 
Alleged Scorpion Fanboy

Hehe, thanks guys!

It's no secret I'm a fan of the Spider Clan in the story, and I love all aspects of it. So whatever aspects of the story we (and I mean both you and I!) decide to focus on, I'll be happy to keep writing about it.

Post subject: Re: [IA] Twenty Festivals, Part 1 (Kanpeki, Endo)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:50 am 
Trustworthy Adviser

Great Clan or Not Great Clan... at least we aren't Kali-Ma's Horde, eh?

The Great Clan stint might have felt weird to horde players (and even some players that expected differently from being a Great Clan), but if it was the only way to keep OG Shadowlands around then I feel like it was worth it. We came, we saw, we actually conquered. I have faith in the new Story Team to make this all work out 8-)