Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [DT] Outstanding Spider Prizes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am 
Dark Scribe

This is a list of outstanding Spider-centric story prizes and card prizes since 2011. I'll try to keep it updated, but in case I'm missing something, let me know. [Last updated: 2015-08-06]

OUTSTANDING

• The Spider will control the Empire's Greatest Jade Works (Daniel Briscoe, Kotei 2011)
    • A Spider will become the Master of the Thunder Ascendant Style (Richard Walling, Kotei 2011)
    • Ikoma Yamahatsu will discover the fate of Pokku (Mark Armitage, Winner's Choice 2012) [Lion/Shadowlands Horde]
    • The Spider Clan will claim land from the Mantis Clan in the Colonies (Kotei 2013)
    • A Spider will marry Utaku Ji-Yun, who retires as Emerald Champion to become the Utako daimyo (Emerald Championship 2013) [Unicorn]
    • Warlord Aranai will defend the honour of Iweko Shibatsu in a duel to first blood against Mirumoto Niwa (Origins 2014) [Mantis]
    • A Spider will become "Friend of Keppo" [Flavour Trait] (Mark Armitage, Londonderry, USA, Level 10, 2014)
    • Kokujin Dairu is chosen to witness the Conclave of Light and will be granted wisdom by Oracles of Light (Garth Davos, Pacific Rim Championship 2014, Annerley, Australia)
    • The Spider will claim a hostage from another clan's daimyo or Champion to enforce peace between the two clans (Kotei 2014; clan yet undecided)
    • The Spider will corrupt the Scorpion's Shosuro Shinobi School (Noël Soler, Kotei 2015)
    • Yunmen the Whisper of the Order of Benten will romantically best Tsuruchi Yashiro (Mark Armitage, Gen Con 2015, Draft)
    • Daigotsu Shikenuro will romantically best Goju Yurishi (Mark Armitage, Gen Con 2015, Draft)
    • Warlord Aranai will best Keppo (Jeff Williams, Gen Con 2015, Draft)
    • The Spider will save Hida O-Win (Adam Cooper, Kotei 2015)

RESOLVED

• Shahai will receive a Celestial card (Steven Franklin, Scorpion, Gen Con 2011) (Resolved)
    • Ninube Onchi will join the Imperial Explorers (Christian Reitberger, Imperial Explorers 2012) (Resolved)
    • M'rika will receive an experienced card (John Liu, Gen Con 2012) (Resolved)
    • Yoritomo Aranai honourably spares Tamori Tamoko (Az Johnston, Kotei 2013) (Resolved)
    • Yoritomo Aranai will become the Warlord of the Colonies (Kotei 2013) (Resolved)
    • Goju Sawaki will find an Egg of P'an Ku and create a doppelganger of Yoritomo Saigo (Mark Armitage, Gen Con 2013) (Resolved)
    • Omigawa will be duplicated with an Egg of P'an Ku by Yoritomo Saigo (Will Abbott, Mantis, Gen Con 2013) [Mantis] (Resolved)
    • Gakku will be duplicated with an Egg of P'an Ku by Hida Bakishi (Danny Walker, Crab, Gen Con 2013) [Crab] (Resolved)
    • Goju Sawaki will join the unit that confronts the Ashalan Crystal Wind and will find a crysteel artifact (Przemek "Walec" Kowalczyk, European Championship 2013) (Resolved)
    • Goju Sawaki faces the Askett (Dark Naga) in the Second City's Peasant District (Mark Armitage, Gen Con 2014) (Resolved
    • Keppo will receive an experienced card (Anthony Lawrence, Gen Con 2013) [Shadowlands Horde]) (Resolved)
    • A Spider-aligned monk with the Kokujin family name will be created (Matthew Dimauro, Obisdian Championship, Charity Auction) (Resolved)
    • A second Spider-aligned monk with the Kokujin family name will be created (Trevor Nerpel, Tanuki Fest, Charity Auction) (Resolved)
    • Ninube Shiho will witness the birth of the Nezumi's Last Tribe and be the Nezumi's friend and ally in the human world. (Nate Hendrick, Resolution: Last Tribe 2014, Omaha, USA) (Resolved)
    • Goju Mitsuru will be created as a Spider Clan Personalit. (Art Tebbel, 6th Ring Kickstarter Supporter, 2013) (Resolved)
    • The Spider will corrupt the Mantis' Shrine of Yoritomo (Jack Murray, Kotei 2015) (Resolved)
    • A Spider will become an/the Imperial Scribe (Przemek "Walec" Kowalczyk, Kotei 2011) (Resolved)
    • A Spider will become an/the Imperial Matchmaker (Niklas Rinn, Kotei 2011) (Resolved)
    • A Spider will become the Empire's Greatest Musician (Jason Lee, Kotei 2011) (Resolved)
    • Omigawa will receive secret instructions by Yunmen the Whisper of the Order of Benten (Mark Armitage, L5R Worlds 2014, Sheffield, Enlightenment Draft) (Resolved)

Post subject: Re: [DT] Outstanding Spider Prizes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:30 am 
Br'nn
 WWW  Profile

In the GoC Focus: Art article, Adrian said that this set resolves a whole bunch of prize results, so hopefully this list will be much shorter in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:41 am 
Dark Scribe

The list will be shorter. Onchi is on the countdown, but I want to wait if her new version is indeed the prize. We also suspect that the already known new artwort of Mario Wisibono's is for Shahai's Celestial, but we don't know for sure. If we see the Imperial Matchmaker, however, I'll be very happy. He'd be the first truly influential Spider character after the ascension. Granted, Sahara inherited Gahseng's position in the Empress' Guard, but he's probably dead or retired now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 am 
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod

The GenCon draft prize of experiencing M'Rika was won by John Liu, not me.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 am 

Also, not Spider-centric, but for us old Hordies...Ikoma Yamahatsu will discover the fate of Pokku :)

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:27 am 
Dark Scribe

I've corrected M'rika's entry (honour where honour is due!) and added your Winner's Choice prize for the Horde.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 am 
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!

There is no fate of Pokku! He is actually livin it up after accomplishing his greatest theft ever. He stole Iweko's identity! Haha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:39 am 

The greatest trick Pokku ever pulled was convincing the world he no longer existed!

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:55 pm 
Dark Scribe

Added the land we claim from the Mantis Clan for our performance during the 2013 kotei season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:34 pm 
Dark Scribe

Updated the list with M'rika (EXP)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 am 
The Lucid Dream

Probably also ought to strike that Celestial Prize, and Blood of Shahai appears to be it.

Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. - The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am 
Dark Scribe

CrimsonEyes wrote:
Probably also ought to strike that Celestial Prize, and Blood of Shahai appears to be it.

Done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 pm 
Dark Scribe

Added Gen Con prizes. I have no info how the draft ended, though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:50 pm 
Dark Scribe

Added the Draft results I saw at the Crab Clan Catastrophe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm 
Dark Scribe

Added some resolved prizes, and the auctioned Personality with the Kokujin Family name.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:51 am 
Dark Scribe

Changed one name. I accidently had André Rinn as the winner of the Imperial Matchmaker (Kotei 2011). The winner is his brother Niklas, though. Honour where honour is due.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm 
Dark Scribe

Updated with Walec's Top of Clan prize from the European Championships in Warsaw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm 
Gravity Dragon's Vanguard: The Shadow Soul Crusher

Hey Audax, thanks for keeping this list! It makes it very nice to see all of our clan accomplishments!

"I crush you"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 pm 
Dark Scribe

Thanks. I've got the idea from the Jade Hand, which has been a great resource for the game. We used to have a list that dated back to the very first Spider story prizes, won in 2006, but it vanished when the first version of Shinden Fu Leng died.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:20 pm 
Abbot of Shinden Fu Leng

From Emeralds, a Spider is supposed to marry Ji-Yun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:11 pm 
Dark Scribe

Updated with the 2nd Kokujin card prize and changed some prizes as resolved. I need to dig out the relevant fiction links, but this won't happen before the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm 
Dark Scribe

Kirisu pointed out that the event Marriage of the Emerald Champion is the resolution of a prize. The Spider spouse is not named or identified as a Spider, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:28 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Audax wrote:
Kirisu pointed out that the event Marriage of the Emerald Champion is the resolution of a prize. The Spider spouse is not named or identified as a Spider, though.

I don't think it is. I think it's more of a nod toward John Seals' proposal at the Emerald Championships.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:53 pm 
Abbot of Shinden Fu Leng

kakita_shiro wrote:
Audax wrote:

I don't think it is. I think it's more of a nod toward John Seals' proposal at the Emerald Championships.

Yeah that is for his 2012 win, really. The 2013 result is because the Unicorn contingent got to decide the champion's outcome, and they wanted the champ to get married, and the Spider were going to be the ones doing the marrying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 am 
Dark Scribe

I changed the resolution of Utaku Ji-Yun's Spider husband back to unresolved. The card that was linked earlier is an unrelated prize from a different year.