Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Kotei 2015] Bountypalooza
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:48 am 
Dark Scribe

The bounty list is now updated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Adam's newest bounty is for Tsuruchi Technique.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 am 
Trustworthy Adviser

Another bounty? It pays to play Spider. :dollarbills:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 am 

I'm thinking about a bounty to corrupt the Treaty of Odashi, which allies the Scorpion and the Crab. Pretty big, but not Mantis big (because I don't have bucks like that).

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:30 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Can we just name it as the Scorpion - Crab (Pincer) Alliance?

Because if I win as a Spider, that might just take priority over preserving Otosan Uchi. Corrupting that alliance...

Mmm...

Sorry, I just went to my (dark) happy place.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:42 am 

sndwurks wrote:
Can we just name it as the Scorpion - Crab (Pincer) Alliance?

Because if I win as a Spider, that might just take priority over preserving Otosan Uchi. Corrupting that alliance...

Mmm...

Sorry, I just went to my (dark) happy place.

NO! Perfection demands the correct name! =)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:03 am 
Gravity Dragon's Vanguard: The Shadow Soul Crusher

FB group posts (in case no one has seen them)

From Daniel Briscoe:

Quote:
BOUNTY ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear samurai of Rokugan,
It should be clear to you now that the Scorpion have long held power that they cannot be trusted with, and it is therefore that we now choose to play our hand.
To the non-Scorpion, non-Spider samurai who recovers the Oni's Eye, in as negative and hostile a fashion as possible, the Kolat will offer you the sum of $200.00 USD. If you're a Unicorn Clan player, then the bounty will increase to $300.00 USD for claiming the Eye in a hostile manner.
Further, we believe the Scorpion are due a punishment that they have long since been in need of - and therefore, to any non-Scorpion, non-Spider samurai that chooses to take Ryoko Owari in a hostile manner, you will be rewarded with $200.00 USD, and if you are a Unicorn Clan player and choose to 'save' their precious city in a hostile fashion, that bounty increase to $300.00 USD.
We remember The Hidden Temple, tiny insects. And if the Lannister's always pay their debts, then Master Tiger and the Kolat collect interest.

From Adam Carey:

Quote:
NEW BOUNTY
The Scorpion are saddened to see that the Mantis's shrine to their venerable founder has fallen to corruption most foul. However, this is to be expected when one consorts with heathens such as the Kolat. In fact, it would not surprise me if the Tsuruchi technique was the next to fall to this corruption.
Oh, look - here's $110 sitting here with the words "For the Spider that does this" written on it. I should find its owner.
And it looks like Jinn-Ja's got another $50 sitting over there with the same thing, while Joshua Dion has another $100.
Oh, and over here I found a 3D stronghold from one of the Dragon's greatest artisans that says "For the cause".
Makes it a good $260 and a snazzy 3D stronghold of your choice to corrupt the Tsuruchi technique. Oh, and cookies that are definitely *not* poisoned!

"I crush you"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:44 am 

kakita_shiro wrote:
$20 USD to NOT corrupt the Kakita Academy.

$50 USD if used to bring Spider and Crane together.

See how much love Spider dueling is getting?

Claimed in Calgary, AB. New bounty forthcoming.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am 
Bad Poster

BeastEG wrote:
FB group posts (in case no one has seen them)

From Daniel Briscoe:

Quote:
BOUNTY ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear samurai of Rokugan,
It should be clear to you now that the Scorpion have long held power that they cannot be trusted with, and it is therefore that we now choose to play our hand.
To the non-Scorpion, non-Spider samurai who recovers the Oni's Eye, in as negative and hostile a fashion as possible, the Kolat will offer you the sum of $200.00 USD. If you're a Unicorn Clan player, then the bounty will increase to $300.00 USD for claiming the Eye in a hostile manner.
Further, we believe the Scorpion are due a punishment that they have long since been in need of - and therefore, to any non-Scorpion, non-Spider samurai that chooses to take Ryoko Owari in a hostile manner, you will be rewarded with $200.00 USD, and if you are a Unicorn Clan player and choose to 'save' their precious city in a hostile fashion, that bounty increase to $300.00 USD.
We remember The Hidden Temple, tiny insects. And if the Lannister's always pay their debts, then Master Tiger and the Kolat collect interest.

From Adam Carey:

Quote:
NEW BOUNTY
The Scorpion are saddened to see that the Mantis's shrine to their venerable founder has fallen to corruption most foul. However, this is to be expected when one consorts with heathens such as the Kolat. In fact, it would not surprise me if the Tsuruchi technique was the next to fall to this corruption.
Oh, look - here's $110 sitting here with the words "For the Spider that does this" written on it. I should find its owner.
And it looks like Jinn-Ja's got another $50 sitting over there with the same thing, while Joshua Dion has another $100.
Oh, and over here I found a 3D stronghold from one of the Dragon's greatest artisans that says "For the cause".
Makes it a good $260 and a snazzy 3D stronghold of your choice to corrupt the Tsuruchi technique. Oh, and cookies that are definitely *not* poisoned!

This is getting out of hand. I love it.

Though if people are playing Spider just to corrupt each other's icons, doesn't that hurt the Spider's chances of saving our own?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:07 am 

Okay you guys, $50 for corrupting the Treaty of Odashi, which binds the Scorpion and Crab Clans together. Whichever clan you choose to d--- over is cool with me.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:14 am 
Cultist

I figure that just means the actual Spider loyalists can focus on saving icons while everyone else gets corruption happy. And I haven't decided whether or not I'll corrupt something should I win a Kotei. I might just save a Crane icon to build better relations with my clan. Might also pick a non-bounty prize just to be a contrary jerk. Or maybe I'll corrupt a Crane icon just to watch the world burn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Buttlord wrote:

Though if people are playing Spider just to corrupt each other's icons, doesn't that hurt the Spider's chances of saving our own?

I think that this is exactly what AEG was hoping would happen, actually. People would spend some time saving Icons...

Then they would get spiteful.

And the Spider bandwagoning would begin for revenge.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:51 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

sndwurks wrote:
Buttlord wrote:

I think that this is exactly what AEG was hoping would happen, actually. People would spend some time saving Icons...

Then they would get spiteful.

And the Spider bandwagoning would begin for revenge.

Indeed.

This is the time when people need to be preparing for the darkness, not embracing it. I look forward to the scorpion dragging themselves into hell. :twisted:

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm 
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
Indeed.

This is the time when people need to be preparing for the darkness, not embracing it.

What the hell do you mean??? I'm embracing the hell out of it! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:56 pm 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

Well, were I not as broke as a guy who just got back from a six-week vacation, I'd be considering some bounties to safely preserve some Phoenix goodies (and to have Lion and Phoenix back each other up, in honor of Winter Court).

So it's not all about burning things.

I am rather amused that the story's "default" conflicts haven't factored into this yet (Lion/Scorpion&Crab, Phoenix/Unicorn, Crab/Spider) ... and I would consider offering fence-mending bounties for Phoenix/Unicorn icon-saving were I, once again, not basically looking at a steady ramen diet for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:07 pm 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

Sparks wrote:
TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
Indeed.

This is the time when people need to be preparing for the darkness, not embracing it.

What the hell do you mean??? I'm embracing the hell out of it! :evil:

I'm talking about those lesser clans, they desire to stay in the light, but they are selling their souls for vengeance. The point of the season is for them to prepare for the coming dark and they are instead throwing themselves to hell. Muahahahahahah!

They are selling their souls to us...and they think THEY are pulling the strings. :twisted:

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:38 am 
Obsidian Magistrate

Surprisingly, despite my own bounties, I am for this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:48 am 
Cultist

I have tried to collect all of the bounties in one place. there is a Facebook post about it, but below is the direct link to the bounty list.
If you could verify that I have your bounty correct I would appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 pm 
Black Guard

I do not have the funds to match must of those bounties. I, however, have some money I would like to offer should some icons are selected to be saved. Being a Spider first and an Imperial second, I do not want those damn Crane icons to be saved. I would much prefer to see them corrupted, but I do not have the money for that.

I have no idea if this is valid, however, should these Imperial Icons be saved (not stolen, not corrupted), I offer 20$ each.

-The Hantei Ritual of Abdication. (You know, the part where the brothers and sisters of the Emperor takes an Imperial name instead of joining Great Clans)

-The Order of Tenjin (A order of monk-spies dedicated to protect the Empire and collect information for the Otomo)

-Toshi Ranbo

In addition, if a Spider player save any of them, I will increase my bounty to 30$, as I trully want the ties between the Imperial and the Spider to strengthen

It might not be much, but I hope to raise awareness on those issues as well. Imagine it, the Imperial Capital being saved by the Spider (along with other imperial symbols), while the Great Clans only care about themselves. That would be epic, just like we did during the Destroyer War in fact.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:43 pm 
You don't expect anything, then...BOOM! NINJAS!

Just so you know... You don't have to match any bounties to be a part of it. Just pitch in what you can or want if you like the bounty. Just cuz someone is offering $100 on a bounty doesn't mean you have to match it. You can pitch in however much you like.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:06 pm 

I don't think the Imperial Families have any skin in this game with regards to icons to save.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:11 pm 
Black Guard

Oh, I know.

It just feels like the bounties keep on increasing.

Now, I hope that, should these be claimed, that they would accept Imperial Icons. At the very least I can try.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:03 am 
Daigotsu's Legion

Hi y'all!

I'll give 60€ to the Unicef project of your choice (there are a few to choose from on their website) if you help us preserve our Hantei legacy (Fortunes know the Empire needs it... these Iweko people clearly don't know what they're doing) by doing either of these things:

-Saving (not taking! not corrupting!) the Ancestral Sword of the Hantei for the Spider.

-Saving (again, in an altruistic manner) Otosan Uchi for the Spider.

Please note these are two separate bounties, for a total of 120€.

Thank you and good luck! :daisho:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 pm 
A Corrupted Soul

Cross-posting from the AEG forums:

Admittedly not huge (because I be poor), but $25 for being nice and saving the City of the Lost. Clan does not matter (eh, I'll give an extra $5 for Crab, because hilarity).

$20 for being jerk about it (no extra $5 for Crab).

Looking around I have discovered other bounties that can go with mine. Thus a running total list:

Any Clan who saves the City of the Lost will get $45.
viewtopic.php?p=18894#p18894

The Crab who takes it to support friendship between our Clans will get $50 and quite possibly the most interesting story out of all the icons.

If Spider is one of the first four Spider wins to choose not to corrupt another Clan's icon (which I believe would go with this bounty), s/he would get $70.
viewtopic.php?p=20060#p20060

Any Clan who takes antagonistically will get $70.
http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&t=113274

A Crab who takes it antagonistically will get $145.
http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&t=113274
http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&t=113246

As for why I am pointing out the other antagonistic bounties? Because I think it would make a good story, and I want to see the City of the Lost to come back even if it is stolen from us.

If you have a bounty that would be applicable, please let me know and I'll be happy to include it. If you don't want me linking to your bounty, feel free to let me know and I'll take it down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:03 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

In light of recent events concerning the Thunderous Acclaim preview of Daigotsu Kanpeki, Unleashed posessing the Shadowlands keyword, I have tripled my bounty for the Spider Clan player who selects Doji's tears to be claimed and NOT corrupted.

$50 x 3+ $25= $175 total.

...just in case.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next