Shinden Fu Leng

Bow before us, or fall before us
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Kotei 2015] Bountypalooza
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:00 pm 
Dark Scribe

I will gather all Spider-relevant bounties for the 2015 kotei season here. I'll aim to add them regularly, as I did for earlier seasons.

Audax (Spider icons & other clans' icons for co-operation; bounties for all clans)
    TheItsyBitsySpider (Spider icons)
    Daigotsu Cielago (Bounty regarding Daigotsu Shimekiri and Spider duelling)
    Kakita_Shiro (Spider/Crane bounty for the Kakita Academy) Claimed
    sndwurks (Otosan Uchi bounty)
    Zarasu (Doji Tears and all other clans' icons)
    Adam Carey [via Kolat Informant] (Spider corrupting Scorpion icons other than the Oni's Eye)
    Martino (Corrupting the sword Chukandomo)
    Kokujin Nic (Tomb of Kokujin)

Last updated: 2015-06-14 (might still behind the bounties a bit)

Post subject: Re: [Kotei 2015] Bountypalooza
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:19 pm 
Dark Scribe

We do not know the story prize write-ups for the 2015 kotei season yet, but we have Information on the Icons already. So here are some bounties from me.

I think that for most players the chance to corrupt other clans' Icons is the most attractive, so it doesn't need encouraging by bounties. Hence I put my efforts to other options (reference: http://www.l5r.com/2014/12/10/2015-kotei-season-icons/)

Spider Winners

• A Spider winner who chooses to perpetuate a Spider icon (and thus ensures that it is carded and gets attention in the story) will receive $20 (US) from me.

• A Spider winner who chooses to save the Tamori Shugenja School or the Yogo Shugenja will receive $30 (US) from me, and additional $10, if the Tamori School is used to bring Spider and Dragon closer together.

All Clans

Any winner who chooses to save the Spider icons below will receive $30 (for Spider players, this isn't cumulative to my bounty above, sorry). In case of a non-Spider winner, the bounty increases by $10 (US) if the saving happens to bring the two clans closer together.

• The Tao of Fu Leng
    • The Kokujin Family / Kokujin's Order of the Dark Lotus
    • Obsidian Magistrates (or the Obsidian Champion)
    • the Hellbeast Legion
    • Obsidian Claw Duelling (for Shadowlands nostalgica)
    • Any Spider-aligned Shugenja School (Chuda, Gyushi, Ninube)
    • The Daigotsu Courtier School (or its variant the Susumu Courtier School)

I'll pay the bounty via PayPal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:11 am 
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Clan

College made me poor so I'll just wait and see what happens. Update when my moneys comes back X_x

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

Played Ide Doburu at the 2014 Winter Court.

Last edited by TheItsyBitsySpider on Tue May 05, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 am 
Dark Scribe

I'm not sure that we can claim something that isn't linked to the Spider Clan (or any other clan) as a possible icon. I wouldn't wager that the Governor of the Second City or the Last Tribe qualify there. But trying doesn't do harm I suppose. The Story Team and Design Team might contradict, though.

Also, be aware that Obsidian Claw Duelling is this, whereas Obsidian Blade Duelling is that, a Strength-based school of 3rd edition that didn't make it into 4th Edition. In the CCG this meant Force-based duelling instead of Chi-based duelling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:46 pm 

Yeah, I wanted Obsidian Blade it seems. I just want Spider to be associated with a dueling theme.

As for the second city, I would love to give it a try.

As for the Ratlings, I am fine with losing the Goju, but would love to see them replaced with ninja's in their stead. Ratlings would be awesome and terrifying so I would like to see that.

"There is only ONE emperor worthy of the right to rule, I will never cease till he takes his rightful place"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:09 pm 
Dark Scribe

TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:
Yeah, I wanted Obsidian Blade it seems. I just want Spider to be associated with a dueling theme.

I'm not sure if it counts as iconic already, but there is also the Demon Blade Technique/School (no RPG mechanics, probably a Kakita bastardisation). It's how Daigotsu Shimekiri and he wasn't just a fan favourite character, but the alter ego of L5R artist Troy Graham. Shimekiri even made it into horror stories parents tell naughty children, an equivalent to the boogeyman or Knight Rupert I think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:15 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Question: As a Unicorn player, does the Spider player-base have an icon they would choose to have preserved to strengthen the relationship between our two clans?

I'll be going to the Kotei's in Atlanta, Knoxville, Charlotte, and Fort Mill so I'll have a few opportunities to take home a win.

Shinjo Sousuke - Winter Court IV

Kotei Season 2015:
Top 8 Duluth, GA - Top of Clan
Top 8 Columbia, SC
Top 8 Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:19 pm 
Dark Rhetoric

Audax wrote:
TheItsyBitsySpider wrote:

I'm not sure if it counts as iconic already, but there is also the Demon Blade Technique/School (no RPG mechanics, probably a Kakita bastardisation). It's how Daigotsu Shimekiri and he wasn't just a fan favourite character, but the alter ego of L5R artist Troy Graham. Shimekiri even made it into horror stories parents tell naughty children, an equivalent to the boogeyman or Knight Rupert I think.

I made this a bounty last year, so i'm going to do it again.

I'll offer 20 bucks for any pick that involves spider dueling.

I'll offer 50 bucks for any pick involving Shimekiri, including results that describe his fate, confirmation of a school founded by him, or his actual presence. if he gets carded again due to your pick i'll double it to 100$.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:43 pm 
Dark Scribe

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:
Question: As a Unicorn player, does the Spider player-base have an icon they would choose to have preserved to strengthen the relationship between our two clans?

I'll be going to the Kotei's in Atlanta, Knoxville, Charlotte, and Fort Mill so I'll have a few opportunities to take home a win.

I think that non-Tainted icons would work best in this context. There are non-Tainted icons on the original list of AEG and of these icon I think the Ancestral Sword of the Hantei might work best, because it has a big symbolic value to the Spider.

But there are other possible icons that are already linked to the Spider/Unicorn Alliance, which I think would work best here:

Seiatsu, this blade was created by the Unicorn Clan in recognition of the Spider's status as Great Clan. It is currently wielded by Daigotsu Tenbatsu, who was one of the clan's rulers when Kanpeki was still a child.
The Dark Wind. This is a Spider cavalry unit built after the Unicorn/Spider alliance was formed. It is led by Moto Yuudai,who rose to become a paragon and a veteran of the War of Dark Fire, where his unit often fought alongside Unicorn armies.

If you prefer Taint, though, you have many more options, of course. But the majority of the Unicorn playerbase might not like Taint and corruption very much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:47 pm 
Dark Scribe

daigotsu cielago wrote:
I made this a bounty last year, so i'm going to do it again.

I'll offer 20 bucks for any pick that involves spider dueling.

I'll offer 50 bucks for any pick involving Shimekiri, including results that describe his fate, confirmation of a school founded by him, or his actual presence. if he gets carded again due to your pick i'll double it to 100$.

I'll add you to the list, but that Shimekiri has taken students for his technique, Daigotsu Takahide among them, is canonised via Winter Court 3. There are no mechanics or cards associated with it yet, other than Takahide himself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:59 pm 
Bad Poster

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:

Shourido.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:02 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Yeah, not a fan of the shadowlands/taint myself but I can see why some people are. The Susumu and Duelists are what initially got me into playing Spider so I'm part of the new gen I suppose.

Didn't know about the sword or cavalry division. Both of those seem like good choices. Thanks for the ideas!

Edit: I like the idea of preserving Shourido too but not sure how that would mesh storywise with a Unicorn win. If I manage a win with my Spider Honor deck that's my first pick.

Kotei Season 2015:
Top 8 Columbia, SC
Top 8 Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:05 pm 
Dark Scribe

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:
I like the idea of preserving Shourido too but not sure how that would mesh storywise with a Unicorn win. If I manage a win with my Spider Honor deck that's my first pick.

Keep in mind that if you want to strengthen the Alliance and you win with a Spider deck, you must choose a Unicorn icon. Tricky. :p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:19 pm 
Daigotsu's Legion

Maybe Moto Akikazu/Moto Death Priest Tradition? The guy was Tsume in his previous life.

Kotei Season 2015:
Top 8 Columbia, SC
Top 8 Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:24 pm 
Dark Scribe

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:
Maybe Moto Akikazu? The guy was Tsume in his previous life.

I'm not sure if persons really count as icons. But we don't know yet if the winner may also choose a Personality along an icon and what to do with it. Maybe the Death Lords could work, Akikazu was one, but they don't seem to mix well with Spider religion, because Shahai is a kinslayer and an unpunished one. But before Saturday when the season starts, I'll reread my Unicorn sourcebooks and surely will find something interesting.

That said, Spider players are currently quite interested in duelling schools, and the Unicorn have a Calm Heart Duelling School, if I remember right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:41 pm 

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:

If you want to keep up the Atsushi/Sousuke plot then certainly one of the dueling schools.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 pm 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

$20 USD to NOT corrupt the Kakita Academy.

$50 USD if used to bring Spider and Crane together.

See how much love Spider dueling is getting?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:10 pm 

kakita_shiro wrote:
$20 USD to NOT corrupt the Kakita Academy.

$50 USD if used to bring Spider and Crane together.

See how much love Spider dueling is getting?

8-) Damn straight!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 am 
Paragon of Dark Virtue

Put me down for the following:

$50 USD to preserve Otosan Uchi as a Spider Clan Icon. This goes to a Spider Clan player who does it, or another Clan who preserves it to bring our Clans closer together, or even to drive our Clans further apart. While I do care, any of those are awesome to me.

$25 USD to preserve Shourido as a Spider Clan Icon, either in house or with someone else bringing us closer together.

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 pm 
Obsidian Magistrate

Here's my bounty:

I am offering $50 USD to the Spider Clan player who wins a Kotei tournament in the 2015 season and selects Doji's Tears as their chosen icon. The item may be used as a matter of contention with the Crane Clan but at no point should it be selected for corruption.

I am also offering a $25 bounty to the first four(4) winning Spider clan decks who choose not to corrupt any icon from another clan. If one of them is the player who selects Doji's Tears, the bounties are cumulative for $75 USD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:59 am 
Crane Envoy to The Spider

Not mine, but something I discovered on the Kolat Informant's blog:
http://kolatinformant.com/2015/03/kolat ... 015-kotei/

To any Crab, Crane, Lion, Mantis or Unicorn player that wins a Kotei and chooses a Scorpion icon gets $75. If that chosen icon is The Oni’s Eye, Master Coin and Master Silk will raise that amount to $200.

If a Spider player chooses to corrupt a Mantis icon (other than The Oni’s Eye), they will receive $100.

If a Mantis or Crab player choose to save Shrine to Yoritomo, that player will receive $250.

ImageImage

Last edited by kakita_shiro on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:08 am 
Cultist

I will award $100 to any Spider who corrupts Chukandomo.

IF this selection directly leads to the dissolution of the Crane/Lion alliance, I will award an additional $100.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:58 pm 
Sexy Beast
 YIM  Profile

It's a great year to be Spider. Now everyone is commissioning us to corrupt something! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm 
Scholar of the Yobanjin

Of note: Right now it's just Scorpion/Mantis... which... was NOT the conflict for the Scorpion the Story was heading for! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 pm 
Sexy Beast
 YIM  Profile

Shiba Gunichi wrote:
Of note: Right now it's just Scorpion/Mantis... which... was NOT the conflict for the Scorpion the Story was heading for! :lol:

It has to start somewhere... and what a glorious beginning! :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next